Thread: Leather Vs Fabric

dawood Guest

Default Leather Vs Fabric

I bought a nice Leather set this weekend.
    http://www.furniturerow.com/SofaMart...a-/prod390290/

They ARE nice but I am not sure I like leather, and these seem alittle too soft. I have back issues and had to put wood planks on the older set to make it stiffer and yet I think these are still too soft..

I also like to lay around, sometimes in boxers etc and I am not sure I like the feel of the leather. I also don't like the sweaty feel you get when you are with skin on the leather. I've never had leather before so maybe I am being paranoid. Could some one help me with pros and con's?

I was also thinking of going with FlextSteel brand as i was told they are very firm...

Default Re: Leather Vs Fabric

Looking at that site, I have to say that for a $ 997 retail on a dual recliner sofa, you are probably getting a product that will not hold up over time. It will most certainly be made in China, and is probably not top grain leather, but bi-cast, which is an inferior covering made from the splits of the hide and bonded to a polypropylene sheet, then painted. They don't last...and I'm sure the cushion cores are not very well done at that price point.

To buy a well-made dual recliner sofa in leather, you'll spend 3x that amount at a minimum. There is no way one can be sold for under a thousand dollars using proper build methods and materials. Real leathers is not plastic feeling or makes you sweat. That's the cheap stuff that does that.

Flexsteel is better, but not a whole lot.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.