Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Shopping for a Deep Seat Sectional

bubbaonline Guest

Default Re: Shopping for a Deep Seat Sectional

[QUOTE=drcollie;15067I am going to discontinue Southwood Upholstery immediately and mark down / clear out remaining floor stock. I may replace it with a line called "Wesley Hall" as soon as floor space becomes available. That's probably what I have my eye on next. Watch the Vendor Classified in the Flea Market next week for photos and killer pricing on remaining floor stock in Southwood.[/QUOTE]

Interesting.... my local retailer is phasing out Wesley Hall... He didn't really get into it, but he only has a couple of frames left on the floor, and when I expressed interest in one of them, he steered me elsewhere..

He said he had service issues with them, but that could just be because he isn't selling them... He has Taylor King, Harden, H&M, etc.... We ended up with a Sherrill sofa and chair..

That's good to know, appreciate it! I don't need any supplier that has service issues, that's for sure.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    Duane, would only order the right and left arm facing love seats and a corner chair to make up a much smaller sectional. An L shaped 107" x 107". I use the sectional like a chaise...My husband uses the rest. He pulls up a leather ottoman, and stretches out.

Seven years ago we went to Hickory, N.C. and special ordered an upholstered Century sectional. When it was delivered we despised it on sight. The seat depth was not what we expected. We immediately tossed out the back cushions and added a few big throw pillows. So the Century sectional we have now is about 28 inches deep. We like it like that.

Oddly, I'm only 117 pounds, and my husband about 155 pounds...It's that's just how we like to lounge.

I know Century Furntiture is supposed to be great!, but this (expensive sectional) we have...I'll give it to the first person who wants to haul if off. They 'sold us' on seat cushions with coils built in and they are so wonky! It has felt saggy to me for years; It is saggy. And Century has a sterling reputation. Go figure.

How about that deep seated sectional on the Clubfurniture site I linked to? Why shouldn't I buy that one, it's the exact same size as the Classic Leather one we want and it's half the price? What a deal...I could save about 4000.00! Hmmm, maybe I've learned something on this site.

Supposedly this Classic Leather sectional is available. Am going to call the factory tomorrow to make sure, and see if perhaps we can order it without the extra pillows. We would like to sit in the actual sofa as well, but the local store has another Classic leather sectional on the floor, and I'm guessing the difference might be in the leather we choose.

My understanding is that Classic Leather is the only well known company that cuts their leather in house. Seems like a benefit to me.
    I'd not expect Century furniture to deliver a piece with poor suspension, they tend to build a quality product. The springs in the cushion are called a Marshall unit, and its top-of-the-line when used with down fill. I assume this is on a fabric piece and not leather? There's a difference between cushions that are too soft and a sagging suspension. No excuse for the latter from a premium company and the former can be rectified with a non-down core replacement using a fiber fill Qualux 21 oz core.

Club Furniture was a Sherrill, yes? That's a decent maker.....

If you can get them to make the Classic piece with a pillow delete on those front ones, that might save you about $ 1K off the price if those are 2-sided real leather pillows.

HA! Love that last one....whomever told you that Classic is the only company left cutting leather in-house has a very vivid imagination. All U.S. upholstery companies cut their leather in-house, the only exception being 'married cover' kit leathers.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

glkeeper1 Guest

I too am looking for deep seat furniture and appreciate all of the info here. In my search I came across a company called Bari Leather Furniture. They have a deep seated sofa and loveseat called the Arliano and I was hoping to get some feedback from others here as to the quality of the furniture and the reliability of the company. The cost is significantly less for a sofa, loveseat chair and ottoman at $6299. I have also shopped the Comfortable Couch company and although it seems like they take a lot of pride in their products, the cost is about $1700 more. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.