Thread: Questions on H&M

Default Questions on H&M

<moved from private email to the forum>

I have purchased flexsteel in the past, however it appears the quality has suffered. I’m looking at purchasing the Charter sectional and the Austin recliner.
    I have a couple of questions I could not get answers from on the Hancock and Moore web site. I’m unclear as to how much wall space the sectional will take up. I’m not sure what LAQ and RAQ stand for. Does that mean the sofa takes up 108” on both sides of the wall? Or 108” total (54”) on each wall. I will also have to have protected leather. I like the color of the leather on the charter sectional on the Hancock and Moore web site. Do you have an idea what that color might be? I went on their web site and where it says to contact them it does not allow you to ask questions so I greatly appreciate any help you can give me. I have one last question does the sectional latch together in some manner as it will not be sitting in a corner in my house.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Questions on H&M

Makers are under tremendous consumer pressure to not raise prices. so you are definitely seeing a trend among most builders to do things to keep the prices down, and Flexsteel is no different. H&M is one of the more unique companies in that their philosophy is 'We will continue to make the best furniture of its kind and the price will have to be what it has to be". They don't do shortcuts and understand not everyone can budget into their lineup. But for those who can, they are rewarded with durable, well-made pieces that last decades.

In the world of sectionals the terminology is all based on you standing in front of the piece looking at it. LAQ means "Left Arm (facing) Quarter Unit. RAQ means "Right Arm (facing) Quarter unit. A Quarter unit means one-half of the sectional corner is built into each sofa or loveseat segment. As to measurements, that's "wall space" at 108" or linear inches in a straight line behind the piece for each segment. 108" x 108".

That leather shown could be Document Saddle, or Aspen Tobacco, both are GR 2 protected hides.

Sectionals from H&M (and all better makers) are held together by 'alligator clips" that look like this - they work great and do not come apart until you want them to:

http://www.homeplaceparts.com/sofa-s...ing-mount.html
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.