Thread: need advice on Parisian sofa

dmstadel Guest

Default need advice on Parisian sofa

I am considering purchasing Parisian sofa, but unfortunately have no access to any store that has it to try it out. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone that has tried it out or knows anything about it. Do cushions in back have velcro? Are they shorter than back frame so when leaning back head would hit the back frame which looks firm? How thick are the cushions on back compared to Kodiak, Evening or September couches? Pictures on website make cushions seem small and not plush looking like other sofas. They seem small. What does the back of it look like? Thanks.

Default Re: need advice on Parisian sofa

The Parisian is one of my favorite sofas, it has lots of style with the 'picture frame back', sits well, and has classic form. Yes, the back cushions are removable and secured with velcro. Yes the are shorter than the back so you can see the frame, but its not objectionable and you won't knock your noggin. Thickness of cores? About the same as the ones you mention. Look under RESOURCE PHOTOS here in the LEATHER section and you'll see some other Parisian photos....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dmstadel Guest

Is the angle of the back to the seat steeper (leaning back more) than the evening, september or kodiak? It appears so in some pictures, but wasn't sure since I haven't had the opportunity to sit in it.
    How would it sit for height ranges 5'8" to 6'2"?

Not particularly so.....you can dust the pitch angle of the back by 5 degrees or so by repositioning the back cushions on the Velcro. It's a little bit less "enveloping" than the other models mentioned and I think it sits great. Of those four, if I were buying for a basement media room I'd get a Kodiak. But if it were going in my more stylish Great Room I'd get a Parisian.
    Duane Collie

susansbs Guest

I purchased a Parisian sofa and loveseat about a month ago and it is very comfortable. My Mom, who does not like leather even thinks it's comfortable. I am 5'7"+ (I used to be 5'8" too until I started getting older) and my husband is 6'1"+ and we both like it.

I did do the quilting option and the standard cushions and everyone who has sat on it remarks about it's comfort. I like this sofa so much that I'm buying another H&M sofa for my lake house even though it did take FOREVER to get it delivered. It was a complicated order so yours probably won't take as long as mine did.

dmstadel Guest

Thanks for your input.
    What is the quilting option?
    Did you purchase the one with 3 separate seat cushions (1278) or with one long cushion (1279)?
    What type of leather did you choose?

susansbs Guest

It shows a Parisian Sofa that is quilted on the H&M website--I bought the 3 cushion one. I don't like the 2 cushion because I kind of fall between the cushions when its just the 2 cushions. I did a two tone sofa--I used Continental pearl for most of the sofa but used Quintessence Bisque on the Quilted part of the sofa (basically all the seat cushions and the quilted part of the arms). The quilting--I think makes it feel and look more lush. But YMMV

hglaber Guest

If you look at the e-catalog on the H&M web site, the there's a white sofa on page 234 with quilting. I think it's a Parisian.

susansbs Guest

hglaber is right--that is the quilted Parisian. Looks pretty formal in that pic but slightly less so with my color combo.

I think that as you move away from the lighter colored leathers, the (quilted) Parisian looks less formal. It really is much more beautiful in person than it is in the H&M catalog.

The Quilting on H&M is outsourced, so it does add time to production. They cut the leather, then send it out for the quilting, and there are (4) quilt patterns to choose from. I just took an order for 4701 Member to be quilted this past Saturday, so lets track the production time and since its a local delivery it will come to my store and I'll photograph it as well.
    Duane Collie