Thread: Hi...new member from Texas!

STexas Guest

Default Hi...new member from Texas!

Hi all, I am new to the forum and just posted a couple of minutes ago regarding a Journey lounger.

Anyways, I read Duane's notice to new members and thought I'd intro myself....I'm Sandra, and our family (2 tall parents, pre teen, teen, Golden Retriever, 2 cats) lives in the Dallas area. Although we are native Texans, we are back here by way of McLean, VA & Southern California!

I found this helpful site after a lack of knowledge from local retailers sent me searching! We definitely believe in buy "good" and keep it, and feel that these better brands such as H & M, Bradington Young, etc. fit the bill.

Thanks Duane, and all, for your expert knowledge and opinions on these major purchases!

Default Re: Hi...new member from Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by STexas View Post
    Hi all, I am new to the forum and just posted a couple of minutes ago regarding a Journey lounger.

Anyways, I read Duane's notice to new members and thought I'd intro myself....I'm Sandra, and our family (2 tall parents, pre teen, teen, Golden Retriever, 2 cats) lives in the Dallas area. Although we are native Texans, we are back here by way of McLean, VA & Southern California!

I found this helpful site after a lack of knowledge from local retailers sent me searching! We definitely believe in buy "good" and keep it, and feel that these better brands such as H & M, Bradington Young, etc. fit the bill.

Thanks Duane, and all, for your expert knowledge and opinions on these major purchases!
    Welcome to the forum! I'm actually a native Texan (born in San Antonio) and its my understanding that you can't be a REAL Texan unless you're born there...lol Can't say I'm surprised at the local retailers lack of knowledge, you have to have a passion for this kind of thing and bombard the manufacturers unrelentingly with questions to get the knowledge base shown here (and I do that every day to them...they tell me I call more than any other dealer in the country.)
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Matthew Guest

Default Re: Hi...new member from Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    its my understanding that you can't be a REAL Texan unless you're born there
    I live in San Antonio (moved from St. Louis to Dallas - and then San Antonio a few years later - in the 90s) but given that I'm from St. Louis I think if I called myself a Texan in front of someone that was born and raised here I might get shot.