Thread: Bradington-Young Fabric Selections

JenM02 Guest

Default Bradington-Young Fabric Selections

Does anyone know if there is a way to look at Bradington-Young fabric samples online? They say they have over 300 fabric selections, but I can't seem to find them. I am looking for a deep red color for a cocktail ottoman. Thanks!

Default Re: Bradington-Young Fabric Selections

They are not on-line anywhere. I spoke to their VP of Sales about this last week, that they need to put both leathers and fabrics on their web site.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

mjermine Guest

Thumbs down Re: Bradington-Young Fabric Selections

It's 2012, and still no online fabric selection for B&Y!

Hancock & Morre has one: http://www.hancockandmoore.com/fabric.asp

Flexsteel has one: http://flexsteel.microdinc.com/Search.aspx

Also, La-Z-Boy http://www.la-z-boy.com/Design-Cente...ibrary@topmenu.

Heck, Best Chair even has an interactive fabric selector that lets consumers see the fabric on the chair:
    http://besthfstorytime.microdinc.com...7&Catalog=1208

Default Re: Bradington-Young Fabric Selections

You think you are frustrated by this? As a dealer - it has me bouncing off the walls they don't put things on-line. Believe me when I tell you we dealers pound on them all the time to do this, and seemingly simple things like updating photos. But its all about the money...the head management knows they need to do this, but the furniture industry is still reeling not only from the recession - but from customers demanding less costly product. So many makers and dealers have failed in the past few years that the survivors are wary of spending money. There are only so many dollars to go around and when the choice is to cut an employee or build a better website then most these CEO's will opt to keep the employee and let their sales materials suffer a bit.

The other part of the equation is the manufacturers have not really endorsed the on-line concept all the way. They know its here, but don't want to put too much on-line as they want the customer to shop the local brick and mortar dealer.

I re-did my www.keepingroom.com website last year. It was a huge improvement over my last one and cost me $ 3,000. You should have seen the $ 12,000 site my web designer showed me. I loved it! It was a full shopping cart site and I so wanted to do it, but that was way past budget. I know my current one is not the best, but it gets the job done. (In addition to paying for this v.bulletin site which is another $ 2,000 a year). At the end of the day, its not lack of desire to make killer web sites, its lack of money.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.