Thread: H&M cushion firmness +1?

gkholdridge Guest

Default H&M cushion firmness +1?

I have read several threads on H&M cushions and think we are prepared to go with the standard, however, need a bit more advice. I believe Duane once posted that many people order firm and then regret it. Perhaps memory fails me and it was extra firm? Also thought I read once a recommendation to go with a 1+ from standard. Is that a 21 oz vs 16oz?

We have 2 retrievers, two sons, one weighing in at 300lbs. (I fear he has killed more than 1 piece of furniture). While I do not wish our sofa to be like a bed of nails past experience with foam cushions has failed. Henredon Fireside sectional as well as a Century leather chair both with foam cushions have become misshapen in 5 years. The Century leather chair back foam cushion is so out of shape it will not sit up! Henredon down wrapped seat cushion bunches up on the foam and I had to really work to smooth it out.

Is 1+ the way to go without getting to much like a park bench? For the City Sofa.

Default Re: H&M cushion firmness +1?

The standard core is 16oz, the extra firm is 21 oz, then there is extra/EXTRA firm at 28 oz (not recommended).

300 lb is in the range where you might want to consider a reinforced sofa, a custom option H&M can to for an upcharge of $ 40 per sofa, and that's only a frame reinforcement, spring and cushion rates will remain the same. I think 21 oz Extra Firm might be a good idea and there is no upcharge for that.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.