Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Puppy!

aluebcke Guest

Default Re: New Puppy!

Hi organic_smallhome. I hadn't heard of that, but it's worth giving it a try.

We feed him a high quality food (I researched)....but maybe he does needs a different flavor. Do you think switching flavors in the same brand might help? Or should we switch the brand entirely?

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: New Puppy!

If it were me, I'd switch the brand entirely. We had quite awhile of hit-or-miss, but we finally settled on Dogswell canned food and California Naturals "small bite" dry food--and no more allergic responses. I've been thinking about trying Earthborn, though. Our very picky cat absolutely loves it (and she rejected many brands). And I can't tell you how many dog lovers we've met (at puppy play dates) who sing its praises. It could just be a fad thing (it's a relatively new brand), however, but who knows? Our maltese isn't crazy about the Dogswell, but she might like the Earthborn, so I might give it a try. It's a pain to switch to a new food, though, because you have to transition slowly. Apparently, a dog's gut (according to our vet) can easily get thrown out of whack with a too-sudden transition of food. Here's some random article I found on the web (but the answer seems to be the same everywhere): http://yourownvet.com/?tag=behavior-licking-floor

3. 04-17-2012