View Poll Results: What would you most like to see on the H&M website?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Search for a Dealer by zip code

2 12.50%
  • Leather swatch colors and descriptions

7 43.75%
  • Town and Country items shown by separate category

0 0%
  • Overlayments of leathers and fabrics on frame photos (clickable)

7 43.75%
  • Room Planning Guide - web based

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do YOU want to see on the Hancock and Moore Website?

If we can get 10 or more folks that would like to do an all-day H&M tour, I'll set it up and meet everyone there. Its worth the trip to see how they do it all and watch the craftspeople work. It's a big facility, and actually they have several plants. The frame shop is a few miles away from the main stationary furniture building, and then fabric pieces and motion furniture are done in yet another plant a few miles further.

If we did this right before or immediately after the April Furniture Market (which is to the trade only) I might be able to get us to the H&M Showroom in High Point Market for a private tour . That's a temporary showroom where all the latest and greatest styles are unveiled, and about a 90 minute drive from the factory. They build all new pieces for the Market, then sell them all off right after Market. Typically 200 + pieces in the showroom.

Think about it and I'll look into it first of the year if we have enough interest.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Odd I/O Guest

Default Pictures Please!

If this trip happens someone needs to bring a camera and take lots of pictures to share in this forum. I'm sure for those of us unable to make it this will be the next best thing.

dr56 Guest

Default When is the tour???

Hi Duane,

After some frustration at looking at the H&M Website (would love to know what leather is on what piece), I decided to read all the posts and your last post states after the first of the year you would think about an H&M Tour. Is that happening? Just curious. Sounds like a great tour and perhaps that would be my opportunity to finally get to "furnitureland USA"! Has H&M doing any tweaking to their website as far as leathers and showing the chairs in different leathers, etc.? Just curious. Of course, I am about ready to order so I am certain they would initiate such a change after my order. Just wondering...........

I've mentioned the web mods to their head web gru and she was going to forward them to management. The # 1 thing that I would like to see is for H&M to have a searchable dealer list on the website, so you as a customer can find out who carries the line on a Saturday morning when you're ready to go out and try furniture. Right now, there is no list of dealers and thats done on purpose to prevent cross price-shopping. However, as I pointed out to them its not hard to find discounters, just type in 'Hancock and Moore' in Google and you get all sorts of them!

As for a factory tour, if there's enough here that REALLY want to do it, I'll set one up. Realistically we'd need about 20 people to say they would commit to doing it, and I don't think there is that level of interest at this point.
    Duane Collie

dr56 Guest

Default Thanks Duane!

You are correct that with google you can search anything and they will not do any harm with listing the dealers and perhaps there will be more competitive pricing which isn't such a bad thing. It is so very difficult to find their products and to find a sales associate who has the knowledge that you do. That is why you are still in business while many are failing. You have not given up and in fact have improved, I am certain, especially with the forum following you have etablished.

I doubt at this point that there would be that many folks interested in the tour but it really sounds good to me. It would be interesting to see the chairs being built, etc.

I am really logging off for the night this time.........I have become addicted!

Good Night!
    Diane

Secrent Guest

Default Ideas for H & M

I believe that H&M sofas are a quality made product. But I would like to see more in depth detail of their process on their website. I want to see why they feel they create the best leather sofa.

Also, if they could put up an informational section on the web site about leather. It would be incredibly helpful to learn the basics about the types of leather H&M uses, where they come from, the best leather available for an H&M sofa, & the different terms used in the leather world. Basically, the truth about leather and how to make the correct choice of leather to go with your sofa.

What would really be cool, is if on the web site, you could pick whatever style/color leather you want and have it show up on the model of the sofa or chair you are interested in purchasing. I know they can do that, will take some web site work for sure, but to be able to actually see what you sofa would look like with the color/style combination of leather you like would be a real help in making the right choice.

The production process of how they make a piece is available on a DVD, free for the asking. It's professionally done, and I have about 10 copies of it at my store. Runs about 22 minutes.

All the leathers are explained in the dealer price book. That's a good point, I'll have to scan the pages and post them here on the forum.

I've mentioned the overlayment aspect of seeing hides/fabrics on sofas. Its a great think to have but in this economic climate I don't think they will be spending the cash to do it anytime soon.
    Duane Collie

DavidT Guest

Default Sign me up for the plant tour

If the H&M plant visit is arranged in April, sign me up. I have been through the same frustrations trying to find good quality furniture that many of the members of this forum have been through. I made the mistake of spending $3000 on Natuzzi sofas based on bad information from a supposedly reputable furniture dealer. The furniture looked nice, but 3 years later, I've got a sofa that has a particle board frame that has failed. You were absolutely right in your comment that "there is no good quality furniture that is lightweight". The dealer is still telling potential customers that all of the sofas they sell have hardwood frames. They have inexperienced sales people that are just ignorant about the products they are selling. The sales lady appeared shocked when I showed her photos of the failed particle board frame in our Natuzzi sofa. I would have gladly spent more money to buy a quality product that would last for 20+ years.

After spending a lot of time reading on the forums, I've concluded that H&M is the furniture that I want to buy. However, I've found that actually buying their product is a real challenge. They don't make it easy. I ran into the same thing that others have complained about - there is no dealer list on the H&M website. When I search by ZipCode, there is no dealer within 200 miles of Houston. Houston is the 4th largest city in the U.S. It has a low cost of living, so the population has significantly more disposable income than much of the U.S. But ...... there is no H&M dealer within 200 miles. I did manage to find a dealer in Dallas (300 miles), and made a trip to visit them, but I found their inventory was very limited. If H&M just had one very good showroom with a good inventory of their products in Hickory, I would gladly fly to Charlotte or Greenville-Spartanburg and drive to Hickory to "test sit" their furniture before ordering.

Before I make an investment of $4000 x 2 for a couple of sofas and $2500 x 2 or 3 for chairs, I want at least to "test sit" several of the different H&M sofas and chairs. That doesn't seem like too much to ask before spending $15,000+. The leather doesn't have to be the same; I can pick leather from samples. I do want to be able to test the different styles of sofas and chairs. H&M furniture is supposedly going to last significantly longer than a car and I would never buy a car without a test drive. The furniture market sounds like a great way to see the full range of H&M's products, but it doesn't help the consumer much if they can't visit the market and dealers only have one or two H&M products on the floor. H&M's website is better than most, but having hundreds of choices doesn't help much if the local dealer only stocks 2.

Sign me up for the plant visit.

artielange Guest

Default I'd be there!

Duane, I'd love to make the trip from Hickory, PA to Hickory, NC to the H-M factory if a tour is set up. Just a few more weeks until all of my new H-M furniture is delivered!!!

Gus Guest

I'd like to see more H&M photos with furniture in rooms with other furniture...and perhaps a person, to get a size scale.