View Poll Results: What would you most like to see on the H&M website?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Search for a Dealer by zip code

2 12.50%
  • Leather swatch colors and descriptions

7 43.75%
  • Town and Country items shown by separate category

0 0%
  • Overlayments of leathers and fabrics on frame photos (clickable)

7 43.75%
  • Room Planning Guide - web based

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What do YOU want to see on the Hancock and Moore Website?

carmela39 Guest

A dealer search by zip is a must...can't buy the stuff if you can't find it!

DaveMGrant Guest

Default H&M website

* Dealer Search
    * Better / More pics of each item w/ zoom
    * Identify leather used in each picture
    * Include leather serviceability ratings in leather info
    * Search leather by: Grade/Color/Serviceability/Protected/etc.
    * Search furniture by: Style (Traditional/Transistional/etc.), Dimensions (Both inside and/or outside)

nappyhairbigteethconsumer Guest

I second the vote to be able to search by style (traditional, modern, transitional, etc.). I was just looking for a sofa that's traditional and not too rustic or "maculine" or "feminine" and could have used some help narrowing down the sofas in my style.

Also, a dealer search by zipcode is needed. I thought it strange that I had to call to find a local dealer.

I bang the drum for a Dealer Search feature all the time on the website, because I know ya'll need it. However, H&M is trying real hard to protect its dealers and prevent everyone going to internet shopping, so they purposely do not list dealers on the web site. My counter argument is that all anyone has to do is type in "Hancock and Moore" in Google and on the first page of results you get all the internet dealers anyways, so its really not much of a way to halt that.

You want to know what will work? If about half a dozen of you write in to request dealer search capability on the website. Not an email, a letter. Keep it short and simple and to the point! Mail to:

Jack Glasheen, CEO
    Hancock and Moore
    POB 3444
    Hickory NC 28603

If enough of you do write in, Jack will give it serious consideration, I'm quite sure of that.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

D53 Guest

FWIW, I've twice used the H&M "contact us" option to e-mail for a list of local dealers. Its been 2-4 weeks since I sent my first e-mail request and haven't heard anything from them. Not a good start to my H&M relationship.

Given my experience, I'd much rather have them list their dealers on their website, using one of those search thingies where one enters a zip code, radius miles, and... out pops a list of dealers within the selected radius.

At least that way I could find a local dealer.

I know the reason H&M doesn't want to list dealers on the website is to prevent cross-shopping for the lowest price, its to protect their dealers. In the era of GOOGLE, however, its pretty easy to find several places to contact that sell H&M.

I suggest calling to find your local dealers. Email seems to get caught by spam filters and the like and apparently does not work very well. H&M will only give you the names of two dealers at a time, per call. I suggest you ask for the two HIGHEST VOLUME dealers in your area, rather than the closest. The high volume dealers are more apt to have a wider selection of floor stock to check out.

If you really want to see dealers listed on the web site, write to Jack! Enough letters come in and he will consider a policy change.
    Duane Collie

D53 Guest

Thanks for the tip, Duane. I never would have thought for asking for the highest volume dealers near me. Stands to reason if we want to see a large number of pieces.

D53 Guest

Looks like I commented (er, complained?) too soon. An information package from H&M, including names of local dealers, arrived in my mailbox yesterday. My faith is restored.

artielange Guest

I see on an email that I received from Hancock and Moore this morning that there now is a ZIP code searchable dealer database on their website. Well done, people!

Now don't forget to shop with Duane in addition to your local stores!

Correct! They just rolled out Dealer Search by Zip Code TODAY.......how about that? I know they pay attention to what customers want, and you have made your voices heard. I am really glad to see that as well. Heck there are even a few dealers in my area that I didn't even know existed!
    Duane Collie