Thread: H & M, BY Varitilt/tilt back/recliner questions plus cocktail ottoman - help! :)

Threaded View

STexas Guest

Default H & M, BY Varitilt/tilt back/recliner questions plus cocktail ottoman - help! :)

Hi, I'm in the market for a tilt back style leather chair for our family room. My husband is 6'2" and I'm 5'10". Duane, I know the H & M Austin HB tilt back would be a perfect size, but the style is a little too "poofy" for our main family room. With the layout of our room, we'd love a tilt back with ottoman. I think the recliner alone does not work out well with space planning.

I've attached pics...we'll be putting the new chair at an angle facing the TV (which is just across from the loveseat). We're moving the two smaller chairs to our home office. This is an open concept style room...the sofas can look at an angle directly into the kitchen, and a 2 way fireplace separates the breakfast room from the family room.

So...a couple of questions...
    1. What tilt back style would work (other than H & M Austin High Back) for our tall selves? We saw that BY has a 1621 Tabor Varitilt, but no one near us has that chair. We did sit in the BY 3001 Bancroft recliner which was comfy. Open to any suggestions

2. Opinions on doing a recliner with ottoman for visual aesthetics?

3. We also want to do a large ottoman in place of the coffee table - needs to be at least 55" long. What would look good here?

3. Any other opinions on what would work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	George family room 3.jpg 
Views:	427 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	3188   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	George family room 2.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	3187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	George family room 1.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	3186