Thread: Hancock & Moore Austin Reclining Sofa 9034-30 / Document Crimson

blaney Guest

Default Hancock & Moore Austin Reclining Sofa 9034-30 / Document Crimson

Well we did it! Placed our order yesterday for the new sofa. Now the waiting begins. Any thoughts on our choice? Standard nail head with Java wood feet to match wood on existing chairs. We needed a leather that would wear well as we've got an English Bulldog and grandson. This sofa will be our "main" place for us to sit everyday.
    A sample of the leather will be sent to us for our approval prior to start of build is what the merchant explained to us. Is this common?

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Austin Reclining Sofa 9034-30 / Document Crimson

Document is a fully finished leather that is a 'wipe n' go' type of hide. Its not any more durable or less so than any other hide. "PROTECTED" is often thought of as some kind of armor, but that's not the case. All that protected means is that certain oil and acid based spills won't absorb into the hide. Motor oil, Ammonia, WD-40, things like that. With bulldog and grandson usage its not that much an issue (dog drool is not an acid!) The real key to longevity on any leather is doing your maintenance with cleaning/conditioning and then keeping it out of direct sunlight. If I have a dollar for every person that came in the store and told me their leather cracked on their 12-year-old sofa - followed by 'We never cleaned it, didn't know we had to', I'd be a rich man.

CFA's (Cutting For Approval) is not usually done unless the customer requests it. For Finished leathers like Document, I think its a waste of time....they vary little from batch to batch as they are a painted/pigmented leather and the paint formula stays the same. CFA's do slow your build time by about a month however, so unless you're trying for a precision match on the color I'd call the merchant back up and have them remove the CFA so you get you piece 30 days sooner. Good luck!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

blaney Guest

Thank you! Another reason we got the protected leather was because we dont like the bomber jacket look. Regarding the CFA we had no idea this was not a H&M standard procedure. We'll definitely make a call on Monday.

Now the husband is curious.... We were looking for the most comfortable sofa, with the features we were looking for, made by a reputable manufacturer that actually stands behind their work, for a good, fair price.

What would this sofa cost from you or anyone else delivered to us?

Check you PM's for a price quote from my store.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.