Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sundance Sofa and Sectional Depth

pjm10s Guest

Default Sundance Sofa and Sectional Depth

I want a sectional for my great room but was unable to sit in the Sundance sectional, only the sofa. The sofa has an inside depth of 24" whereas the sectional lists only 19.5".
    The sofa was very comfortable and I am concerned about the inside seat depth of the sectional. I read a comment that it could be the measurement at the narrowest part. Can someone who owns the Sundance sectional comment on the inside depth (whether it is deeper near the arms) and the comfort? i want to know if the inside depth at the arms is longer than 19.5" I would very much appreciate it.

bev5887 Guest

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Sundance Sectional Sofa vs Sundance Sofa and Loveseat. Inside D

Hi - we just received our Sundance sectional last week. It is gorgeous in antelope olive! I did not sit on this sectional before we ordered, and was worried about comfort. The inside depth from lower edge of back cushion to outer edge of seat cushion is 23" for cushion next to arm, and 22 ' for inner cushion.

Right before our sectional was delivered, I sat on a Sundance couch at a store and thought it was too deep (I am 5'4") - so I was worried about the sectional begin too deep. My husband mentioned depth when he first sat down (hw ia 6"). However, we tend to lounge and rarely sit with feet on floor. After a weekend laying in front of the tv watching football, there were no complaints!

Overall, the Sundance sits more upright and is taller than our old sectional. However, as we age this is probably a good thing, as we anticipate many years of use. I was torn between a sectional and 2 sofas, and am happy we went with a sectional. 2 sofas could look "heavy" in an L configuration. I will post pictures tomorrow.

Jane A Guest

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Sundance Sectional Sofa vs Sundance Sofa and Loveseat. Inside D

bev5887, would it be too much trouble to post a picture of your sectional? I'd love to see that leather on a the Sundance. Thanks so much!

pjm10s Guest

Bev,
    Thank you so much, this helps me tremendously! The sofa is a deep sit feeling but I was very worried about that 19.5 being too shallow. I am 5'7 and hubby is 5'11 but we too lounge with our feet up. Did you get the standard cushions as that was my other concern. I sat on the ultra down in the sofa but feel I will go with the standard as I don't want a rumpled look. Would love to see pics and thanks again!

bev5887 Guest

Hi, Here are some pictures of our sectional! Bev

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	family room 3.jpg 
Views:	716 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	3192

Name:	family room 8.jpg 
Views:	701 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	3190

Name:	family room 7.jpg 
Views:	921 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	3191

Name:	family room 6.jpg 
Views:	692 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	3193

Name:	family room 5.jpg 
Views:	614 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	3194

aluebcke Guest

Wow! Beautiful sectional. We didn't consider green leather (due to our green walls....would have been too much) but it looks great in your room. Love the antelope leather...seems very matte.

Jane A Guest

That is lovely! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. Since Duane steered me towards the greens, I find it very helpful.

Default Re: Sundance Sofa and Sectional Depth

I bought the Sundace sofa, my husband is 6'1 and I am 5'9" and I hate to say it is not very comfortable. I am used to a deep sofa but this one for some reason has my back hurting and I can't seem to get comfortable legs up or on the ground. I am not sure I would recommend this sofa.

I just bought the alexis chair and the same thing my back hurt after sitting in it awhile. It's rare my back hurts so I switched from the ultra down seat to a firmer one. That little bit of sinking must have been what bothered me because I'm beginning to love my chair now.

Thank you Angie, I will check with my furniture store and see if that is an option.