Thread: Comparison of Hancock-Moore, Randal-Allan, Braddington-Young Reclinersl

SherryB Guest

Default Comparison of Hancock-Moore, Randal-Allan, Braddington-Young Reclinersl

We are looking for well made recliner and have been told H-M and B-Y are comparable but R-A is not. My husband uses his daily for many hours and is over 225#'s. Can you help?

Default Re: Comparison of Hancock-Moore, Randal-Allan, Braddington-Young Reclinersl

Hancock and Moore is the Gold Standard, and the most costly. Its the finest recliner you can buy in the market and you will pay accordingly. USA made

Randall Allen is wholly-owned by Hancock and Moore and is 100 % made-in-China.

Bradington Young makes a decent recliner, but its not H&M, but above Randall Allen in my opinion. It will be about 2/3's the price of the H&M unit. USA made

Any of them should be able to take daily use from a 225 lb man. The key to recliner longevity is to clean and condition the leather on a regular basis, and don't handle the unit roughly when its extended out on its mechanism. And don't sit on the arms. My personal favorite - and what I have at home - is a H&M 1044 Sadler and I'm heavier than your husband.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

SherryB Guest

Default Re: Comparison of Hancock-Moore, Randal-Allan, Braddington-Young Reclinersl

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I am in the USA made ($$)and China made ($) dilemma, cost and keeping it at home.

I understand! Keep in mind that you will get over 20 years of use with one of these pieces, 30 to 40 is possible if well-cared for. You''ll probably replace your car 3x over before you replace a high quality recliner - so choose accordingly.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.