Thread: Hello from Liberty, NC - Michael Thomas Furniture

Craig Taylor Guest

Default Hello from Liberty, NC - Michael Thomas Furniture

Hello, my name is Craig Taylor and I have been in the furniture industry for 24 years.
    For the first part of my furniture career I worked at Dansen Contemporary. When I started there I was greener than a gourd! I had never been inside a furniture factory in my life and now here I was, about to learn to make furniture. It was a great 7 years but I wanted more! I knew there was better furniture out there and I wanted to be a part of it. I learned about this little company in Liberty, NC. Michael Thomas Furniture. I heard they were doing some really nice work and needed help. That was November 22, 1993. Now it's Decmber 19, 2011 and I'm running the factory. What a ride!

I found this forum by the post about Chinese made furniture. I have seen first-hand some of the junk coming from "over there" and it sickens me to think of people shelling out their hard earned money only to be stuck with something they'll be throwing out in a couple years. That's where we come in! I'm proud to say "made in the USA!" For us, there are NO shortcuts. We build our furniture one piece at a time and SWEAT THE DETAILS!

To those shopping for furniture. Stay with the American companies. Not all are top of the line but with careful shopping and a little research you'll find new family heirlooms to pass down instead of junk you'll be carrying to the curb in a couple years.

Merry Christmas to all!
    Craig

Default Re: Hello from Liberty, NC - Michael Thomas Furniture

Welcome to the forum, Craig! Its GREAT to have someone in the trade on the building end of the industry....we look forward to your knowledge and expertise.

I agree on the Chinese furniture. There is none in my store, nor will there ever be. Made in the USA has worked for me since 1985 and I intend to keep it that way. We build the best here in the USA, and its worth the extra cost.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hello from Liberty, NC - Michael Thomas Furniture

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the forum. I have been in the furniture industry for over 30 years and Michael Thomas has always had a great reputation for producing a quality product.

Jeff Frank
    Simplicity Sofas