Thread: Temple Furniture or Shabby Chic by Rachel Ashell

lucretias Guest

Default Temple Furniture or Shabby Chic by Rachel Ashell

Hi all,
    I have looked at temple furniture (8 way hand tied made in NC) and at shabby chic by rachel ashwell (8 way hand tied kiln hardened wood). anybody had any experience with either one? I'm buying my first "real" sofa and want something that will last, but be comfortbale. I'm thinking down cushions or form wrapped in down...

Default Re: anybody familiar with temple furniture or shabby chic by rachel ashell

Temple is OK mainstream mid-market. I used to be a dealer for them many years ago, but found most their furniture was not as comfortable or styled as my customers wanted. I looked at them at Market this past October and my opinion remains the same. It's durable and if you find a piece you like there's not reason not to buy it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: anybody familiar with temple furniture or shabby chic by rachel ashell

Quote Originally Posted by lucretias View Post
    I'm thinking down cushions or form wrapped in down...
    There aren't many manufacturers offering all-down cushions these days. For one thing they are extremely expensive if they are real down, but the bigger reason is that customers hate having to fluff up the cushions every time they get up from the sofa.

Jeff Frank
    Simplicity Sofas

True that, Jeff!

I found the pitch and suspension systems on Temple to be less than ideal more so than cushion cores. Not thathe pieces weren't solid, there were just other makers I thought did them better. One can only carry so many lines in a store!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

lucretias Guest

Default Re: Temple Furniture or Shabby Chic by Rchel Ashell

thanks for the feedback. Any comments on rachel ashwell shabby chic. not the target line, but the line sold in furniture stores... I also saw a century sofa at a store recently and thought it was nice. any comments on century furniture. thanks so much!