drcollie
I read one of your ealier threads regarding a H&M leather sofa that didn't fit through the door of a clients home. I have been in the furniture industry for 40 years. I recently started my own business here in NJ. We do receiving, warehousing, delivery, furniture repair/refinishing and reupholstry. We specialize in solving that very problem...making furniture fit through any door, elevator, stairway, etc., etc., etc. Of course, it's never worth doing with low-end furniture. But high-end, like H&M, EJ Victor, Kindel, Henkel Harris, etc., it's always an option. In fact, we just delivered a 37" deep 34" high 3 piece sectional through a 27" doorway. Magic? No! We remove the fabric/leather where necessary and break down the frame. We then reassemble and reapply the fabric/ leather in the clients home. I should mention, it can get a little costly. For example, the sectional cost the interior designer that ordered it $1800.00 to get into the home. But that was far more palatable to the designer than eating a $12,000 sectional and disappointing an important client.
In any event, glad I found the forum and I'll be checking in peroidically. Great information being shared here. Wish you all a healthy and wealthy New Year.