Thread: Welcome back Duane

Judyg951 Guest

Default Welcome back Duane

I hope you and your family had a wonderful trip.

Default Re: Welcome back Duane

We did! I've not been out of store for that long....ever. Lots of work for me when I got back, and I'm getting through things a little at a time. Will probably be Saturday before I'm caught up on all requests.....

We found Italy to be AMAZING. Rome and Sicily and the Amalfi Coast were simply spectacular.
    Greece was less so. That country is very much in trouble as you see on the news. Graffiti everyone in Athens, and its dirty, looks to be in collapse. Even the famous Greek Islands were like that.
    Turkey was much more impressive than I expected. I got 'lost' in the rug mart all day but bought several rugs for the store that should be here in week or so. Good stuff, too.

Celebrity Cruise Lines was great. Clean, well-run ship.
    United Air Lines Economy Class for 9 hours- ugh. That was torture.

More later!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

finetaste Guest

Hi Duane,
    Happy to hear you had a wonderful time on your cruise. I bet you had some great food in Italy. I knew Greece has changed over the years since we been there. But it is a shame to hear it is dirty and a mess. When we went 36 years ago it was so beautiful, glad we saw it at it's best. It would be nice if you can post some pics from your trip. I'm sure we all would love to see them.

Have an up date to give you...Sun Delivery called on Monday telling us they will call again this Friday. To let us know when our sofa will be delivered, could be on this Saturday or Sunday...Hopefully this time all will go well and I will finally have my H & M sofa! I will send you a post when we do....Wish me Luck!

Diane & Angelo from Staten Island, N.Y.

Excellent, Diane! Glad to hear the sofa will arrive this weekend. Sorry for the delay, but better safe than sorry on those marks that Sun Delivery saw on the piece.

The food in Italy was terrific - and cheap. We went into one place in Rome, had a spectacular dinner for (4) with wine and the whole bit, and the total was $ 50 euros. I was expecting to pay double that. We never had a bad meal in Italy, they can really cook over there.

We lucked out in Athens and had the most engaging taxi driver one could ever ask for. He may have been a University professor as he knew EVERYTHING about Athens and would grill my two college-aged kids in the backseats like a verbal SAT test on everything he told them. He was very proud of being Greek, but very sad at what has happened to his country. He took us all over Athens and told us that without the Cruise ship business the economy in Greece would be finished. I found that very dis-heartening. There was a big protest brewing in the afternoon and he skillfully took many back alleyways to get us out of there and back to the ship. We had him all day for $ 140 Euros, best money spent on the trip.

I can't wait to get my rugs from Turkey...hopefully they'll arrive next week and I can post them here (they will be for sale).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.