Thread: w/Duane & The Keeping Room

IamHydrgn Guest

Default w/Duane & The Keeping Room

Hey all,
    Just wanted to share a quick story....last weekend, I had one of the best retail experiences in recent memory, courtesy of Mr. Duane Collie. (Forum creator, owner of The Keeping Room.) Upon relocating to the DC metro area, I contacted him for advice on selecting a leather sofa for my new apartment....we decided, after much deliberation, on a Hancock & Moore.

Considering I had no furniture whatsoever at the time, Mr. Collie put a 'rush order' on my sofa...rather than the typical 6-8 week time limit, Hancock & Moore turned it around in 4 weeks.

The crown jewel of this experience, however, was in the delivery. Mr. Collie's delivery team was out of town...so, on a Saturday afternoon, he took time out of his day to not only deliver, but to *physically move* my sofa in for me.

Let me tell you...this was not an easy move...this sofa is HEAVY, and there was some clever manuevering involved in getting this thing set-up intact.

So, just wanted everyone here to know what a pleasant experience it was working with Duane & The Keeping Room. It was first-class, right down the line....and in all honesty, I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

You have had the pleasure of meeting a truely fine man and someone you will feel good about doing business with for many years. It's rare today to find merchants who understand customer service the way Duane does. Those of us who have had the experience of buying from The Keeping Room share in the benefit of a merchant like Duane.

That was one tough delivery! I looked at the elevator and the sofa and said "This is never going to fit. No way".

We were downstairs wedging that Austin High Back in that elevator for over half an hour, getting unsolicited moving advice from the Hispanic Housekeeper to boot - which was hilarious. The trick of course, it not only getting it in there but to do so without tearing up the hide. I think we pumped out a pint of sweat on that one.

Just don't call me when you move. I'll be....ah.....out of town.

Thanks for the kind words!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

todd_kachadoorian Guest

Duane, I will be contacting you at the beginning of the year for my purchase as well. Still have my eye on that B&Y Sheffield sofa. . now if only the bonus cooperates. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by todd_kachadoorian View Post
    Duane, I will be contacting you at the beginning of the year for my purchase as well. Still have my eye on that B&Y Sheffield sofa. . now if only the bonus cooperates. . . .
    Sorry I wasn't able to take you call on Saturday, Todd. I was working with quite a few people in the store (Saturday afternoons are always busy), and just couldn't get free until day's end.

Keep an eye out in the VENDOR deal section. If there are any deals come up via B-Y before year end I'll post it there, as well as any advance notice of price increases I may hear about.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.