Thread: H&M # 5688G Oscar Glider in Piazza Ebony

Default H&M # 5688G Oscar Glider in Piazza Ebony

This is a 2012 Town and Country item in this leather.

New at Market in October 2011, I normally would not give this chair a second look because its just so plain. There are no unique design elements on it whatsoever and I am easily bored with simple forms because there are thousands of chairs that look like this from so many makers. <yawn>

HOWEVER - We had an improptu 'executive meeting' at the H&M showroom and this was the chair closest to me so I took it while we talked. 90 minutes later when we were done talking business, I was amazed at how well this chair sat. It's one of the most comfortable chairs I have ever sat in - period. How can that be? I don't know...everything just works on it - the pitch, the seat angles, the glider mechanism - the foam density. Its perfect. And perfection is not easily achieved. So I had to have one for the floor. I was tempted to customize it with a cool leather and some 2-tone panels and specialized stitching, but decided to leave it in its Town and Country leather for the lowest price to put on the showroom floor.

Winner.

Name:  CHA2.jpg
Views: 1311
Size:  126.6 KB
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

homestay Guest

Default Re: H&M # 5688G Oscar Glider in Piazza Ebony

you're right, it IS boring.. but looks comfortable..

karlos Guest

Im still waiting for the right chair Duane. Im spoiled by the antelope kodiak sofa, so soon I think it will be the miller or austin. for a lot more is that rugby electric tilt a dream,,,, . I was in Charleston Sc a couple of weeks ago for business and family touring. took the kids to Folly beach . Man that is one nice city for old history and mansions. I toured a house on rainbow row a gentleman just bought for 4mill. and remodeled just the inside that he was allowed too. cool , built in 1790 still mostly the same.... lots of good pulled pork sandwiches on market st I think i gained 10 lbs.. Im not fitting in 5 series seats too well.. ... good times. Karl

I sure do like Charleston SC, Karl....great city, and I'm a Civil War buff and had to take a tour ride out to Ft. Sumter in the harbor (my family refused to go with me!). If you ever get back there - you MUST go to Magnolia's restaurant downtown and order up fried chicken. That's the finest southern restaurant I've ever been to....period. I've been know to detour 45 minutes off I-95 each way to get over to Magnolias for dinner on trips back and forth to Florida .
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.