Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Some Fresh Eyes!!!

JosephJackson Guest

Default Re: Need Some Fresh Eyes!!!

This is the best suggestion Duane..I was so confuse while choosing a new design and type of sofa. There are many types of sofa available in a market but I need a sofa that suits my room. Means a medium size of sofa and should be match to my room walls. This advice will surely help me now to choose a correct sofa and also a quality material as well.
    Well, beside this I am also planning to **SPAM** online. I have just purchased a home in Florida last month. Any suggestion on this?
    Last edited by drcollie; 02-06-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Sofadoo Guest

i didn't click the link above from "JosephJackson" but it reeks of spam...

Quote Originally Posted by Sofadoo View Post
    i didn't click the link above from "JosephJackson" but it reeks of spam...
    Absolutely. The poor English, embedded link and the IP address is an E-Commerce one out of San Diego - not Florida. Funny how spammers work so hard to conceal themselves as legitimate posters - Aaron and I catch 99 % of them within the first 10 hours. "Joseph Jackson" now sleeps with the digital fishes.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jff6969 Guest

The challenge of having a partner who insists on having a recliner in a small space.......I am facing a similar situation in my hearth room, adjacent to my open kitchen. I currently have two beautiful matching chairs in place - a recliner from American Leather - and a chair & ottoman. There is also a window seat in this space. I had a large group family at Christmas and I was concerned about adequate seating since my original intent was to have a BY angled loveseat and a recliner as well an occasional chair. During Christmas festivities, I took the time to observe how people moved throughout my spaces noting where they sat, were they comfortable and relaxed and able to visit or read or do whatever... I found that people found a place to sit no matter what. Small conversations moved to the quieter formal living room. Others stood at the bar/counter and visited, a mom sat on the floor with her daughter and played games, my daughter fell asleep on the rug in front of the fireplace, some sat in the window seat and did their ipad, some sat on the ottoman etc. (and some never sat because they were chasing their active young boys!) So I am staying with the minimalist approach to furnishing this room and focusing on a great rug and pillows that are at home in the window seat but can be used on the floor. I love the feeling of openness provided by less furniture, not more. Though this is so hard to do with all of the gorgeous items on this site. Good luck with your arranging - not everyone needs a chair, especially if your visitors are young.

Fick5 Guest

Thanks to all for the suggestions, I have decided..with the help I have received, to stay with a sofa, recliner and swivel chair. I just can't understand why I can choose a vehicle in a week's time, but I've been on this furniture hunt for months!! I just don't want to make a mistake, because I'm hoping this furniture will last the rest of my life, and all I will need to change occasionally will be pillows, drapes, throws and rugs!! On another note: as far as Joseph Jackson's post above, I wouldn't even consider advise from someone whose English was as poor as that, much less click on his post!!!!

That's going to be your best bet.

Typically if buying high quality pieces its not that they won't last - but you will get tired of them after about 20 years use and ready for something new and fresh. Upholstery is as much fashion as utility, and what you see now that you like may not be what you want two decades later (would you wear the same leather jacket for 20 years? Maybe, but probably not). So don't approach it as "this is my lifetime buy" because our brains aren't hardwired for that and you will never make a decision if you do! Instead, select the pieces that best suit you for right now - and that you like. Buying good quality will mean steady service duty for as long as you want to keep them and then when you're ready for something new and fresh, they will still be ready to do duty in a downstairs media room or go on Craigslist to a new owner, or to kid's first apartment, etc.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.