Thread: My Delivery Secret

Default My Delivery Secret

I try not to go out on the delivery truck very often. Its a young man's job! But when I do I always try to remember to load up my pockets with doggie treats before I head out the door. Most all my customers have dogs, which run the gamut from small and bouncy to big and barky. Some are delighted to have a stranger enter their home (Hey! A new friend!) and others are wary and prefer to stay back and keep a watchful eye.

The great icebreaker for every dog is a treat. Dogs are real pushovers for something to eat . Even the stand-offish ones can't resist a Milkbone - and of course once you do that - you're on Fido's Most Favorite Persons list forever.

Last weekend three Cavalier King Charles Spaniels cleaned me out. They were absolutely going inside out over the treats and so I said "what the heck" and we did all I had in my pocket. Its a lotta fun for me, too...I'm a dog person. And yes, I always ask the owners first if I can hand out the treats.

Its the little things that make life fun. Watching all these dogs react when as a perfect stranger I have something for them really is hilarious. I go from 'suspicious' to 'best friend' in 2 seconds flat. And the look on the dog's faces is just terrific as well. Everyone has a good time before the work starts.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

fixerupper Guest

Default ha

I used to do this. I quit when I got bit by a dog that I'd given a biscuit to half an hour earlier.