Thread: H&M quest

Threaded View

onthemove Guest

Default H&M quest

Hello,
    Like many, many others have said - thank you for this forum! I have learned a lot and spent way too much time on it!!

We have a few sofas I'd love to get quotes sent to me on...but first was wondering if Duane could give his two cents on what you would call "timeless" - ? pieces, I guess...

I love the fact that taking care of your leather furniture will allow you to keep it for so long, which made me curious to see other pieces of furniture that has been around a little while...on craigslist, I saw many, many very unattractive sofas and chairs. They kind of looked like furniture covered in leather pillows.

I'm sure most of them were not the best quality, but the style is what mainly worried me. I know styles come and go, but am hoping to pick something out that one of our sons wouldn't be embarrassed to have in his house, down the road. (is that possible?)

Doing a google search, I came across this sofa from the 80s, which to me, still looks pretty cool. http://www.europeanantiques.co.nz/ca...p=9&pp=default

So I guess my question is, after your many years in the industry, what styles do you feel will stand the test of time? (any from the line)

Here are our current favorites for the time being, hoping to get quotes for Grades 2 and 3.

Chancellor 1743
    Sanctuary
    Chadwick
    Tower sofa (we like the looks of this, but this is one I'm thinking will look more "out of style" later)
    Clivedon (this was one of my husband's favorites before we saw the Chadwick and Chancellor)
    Scandic (this is a little plain for us, so wondering what a ballpark would be for adding some nail trim?)
    Bedford (this might be the best for our family room, dimension-wise - with the exception of the arm height)

Thank you!! This has been much more time intensive than I would've imagined!

One more note...if anyone has the chancellor, chadwick, or sanctuary - I would love to hear how comfortable you feel these are. This is actually for our family room, so we do want it to be comfortable too. thanks.
    Last edited by onthemove; 02-16-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: forgot to add something about the timeless thing