Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&M quest

Default Re: H&M quest

That's a good group of samples. Wait until you get those and then do a process of elimination.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

onthemove Guest

We've had the samples for a few days and we are really leaning towards Yardley Cognac which I was unsure about before hand with the kind of orange-ish undertones...I guess you never know...

I was not thinking about needing a second color to coordinate with the Bedford, yikes! Off of the samples we have, we re liking the tuscany harness as the contrast color. But we only ended up with two dark colors here, I didn't think to order options last week. Do you feel those two leathers would work well, or would you recommend anything else? We will probably be ordering a chair later this year, and would likely want it in the contrast color. (and tuscany is GR 3, but it seems like I read on here that since it's such a small section overall, the price would be for a "2" because of the yardley - ?)

Thank you so much, again!

That's a good initial group to work with....wait until you see those first.
    Duane Collie

onthemove Guest

well, we actually do have them both here! I was just wondering if you felt like the two were a good pair, with your leather experience. The Bedford sofa has the contrasting colors - so we are thinking of Yardley Cognac for the main color, and Tuscany Harness as the accent color that goes across the bottom, etc. From the small samples, it seems the two could work well - but I was wondering if you had any thoughts about something different that might go well with the Yardley Cognac.

Thanks!

I think you need more contrast....those leathers are too similar in color and will look like a mis-matched repair. To do contrasts you need high/low colors.

For something like Yardley Cognac you want to use something like Weston Sand (depending on your color scheme)
    Duane Collie