Thread: Nantuckit Furniture Company

nighthawk Guest

Default Nantuckit Furniture Company

any thoughts on this company? ive been lurking around here a little bit, and im looking for a leather sectional. i love the look of the restoration hardware lancaster sectional. very classic and understated. i am questioning their quality however, and im also looking into HM Charter or City sectional (more towards Charter). I am sure the quality of HM will exceed RH, as will the price. Ive seen also Nantuckit furniture company's kevin sectional. There are no reviews and im not sure about their pricing browsing through their website. Any opinions would be appriciated as well as other options! Thanks in advance!!

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: nantuckit furniture company

I'm pretty sure that Nantuckit is a Rowe company. As far as I know, it's legitimate.

nighthawk Guest

Rowe is a good company in terms of quality/durability and reputation?

organic_smallhome Guest

It's okay, nothing special. We have a Rowe slipcovered sofa that cost about $1300 (although we got it for free, since we won it in a Red Sox promotion at a local furniture store). We ended up upgrading to firmer cushions after a couple of years, and it's better, but I wouldn't buy Rowe again. We have a Kindel loveseat in the study/office, which is much higher quality and is heaven to sit on. Next time, I'm going to spend whatever's necessary to get a sofa that will never again need replacing.

nighthawk Guest

any opinions on their leather quality?

sofaman Guest

Default Re: Nantuckit Furniture Company

They seem to be a quality company but I do not have experience with them, but what little I have had was fine

nighthawk Guest

Can you tell me a little more please?

What you want to focus on is the build quality of the frame and suspension support. The hide itself - from any company - is purchased from suppliers and believe it or not is really not a critical component for longevity and durability. About the most a cheap hide will do is stretch more than a more costly hide (Steerhide stretches less than Cowhide). Having your leather last is function of periodic maintenance in cleaning/conditioning, and that's the one repeating theme you will see here on the forum.

How are they building the frame? What's the suspension system? If 8-way tied, is there a banded steel spring support? Are the cushion edge supports firm and strong? Are the arms on tight when you push them outwards? Learn what makes a good frame and build, then use your eyes and hands to go over the piece in the store to see if its built correctly. I could tell you in 3 minutes if I had the piece in front of me, but I don't...for starters, watch the video on the Hancock and Moore web site, that will give you a good idea of how a piece should be made correctly.

Good luck.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.