Thread: Angelo Tilt Chair & Ottoman, Highlands Chair & Ottoman, Executive Chair

edgewood96 Guest

Default Angelo Tilt Chair & Ottoman, Highlands Chair & Ottoman, Executive Chair

Angelo Tilt Chair is in Hand Antiqued Saddle. Nice leather, stiff, & squeaks but it is classy. If you notice the small spot or dot on the ottoman in the pic well I assume the cow got to close to the barb wire fence. It is not a defect. I reclined the back of the chair to show how much the back titled. Super comfy. I added the "G" nailheads to the front of the chair as well as to the bottom of the ottoman. All wood on all pieces is Cannes finish.

Executive chair is soooooooooo comfortable. I've sat in this more than the other chairs. Leather is T&C Married cover in Ebony Black. The Leather has a little shine but not much even though the pic may show lots of shine. This is the most comfortable Executive chair I have ever sat in.

Highlands Chair & Ottoman. I got two of each of these chairs and ottomans in the Portfolio Tobacco. I know lots of people don't like Portfolio Tobacco or the pebble look, however, the pebble look is what attracted me to the leather. Even though I ordered about 8 samples of brown leather, I chose the Portfolio tobacco because it was different. I love the pebble look because it is different and I like the texture and super softness of this leather. I wanted a protected leather because these chairs were going into a bonus room which is also the media room and heavily used by my husband and me as well as our young grandsons. The leather does have a shine but not as much as the pic is showing. These pics were made by a cheap Nikon so the actual color of the leathers may not show as the true color nor is the leather as super shiny as the pics show. These chairs are so huge that two people can sit in them. I love all the furniture and it is all very comfortable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2006.JPG 
Views:	717 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	3468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2018.JPG 
Views:	708 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	3469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2010.JPG 
Views:	689 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	3470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2024.JPG 
Views:	686 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	3471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2004.JPG 
Views:	686 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	3467  

Jane A Guest

Default Re: Angelo Tilt Chair & Ottoman, Highlands Chair & Ottoman, Executive Chair

Thank you for posting these pictures! I'm especially interested in the Angelo chair and ottoman since that's what we just ordered. My husband was very pleased to hear it's "super comfy"!

edgewood96 Guest

Default Re: Angelo Tilt Chair & Ottoman, Highlands Chair & Ottoman, Executive Chair

Jane, the chair is not a big chair, however, it is a good size for someone who is not extremely tall. My husband is 6'4" and he has to slide down in the chair to get the support he needs for his head. But, I didn't order the chair for him because he has a large recliner. The chair is super comfy tilted back. I'm sure the squeak and stiffness will wear off after a few months use.

APTanner Guest

Please help! I have been searching the site for customer info & pics of the Highlands sofa & chairs. This is the first photo I have seen. I have the following questions.... Is this the 5012/ 5011 standard size chair & ottoman, OR 5008/ 5007 larger chair & ottoman? Also, did you order standard back & seat cushions, or upgrade to Ultra Down? What finish is shown? Any info you have on the Highlands line is appreciated, as I'm wanting to order soon. I am trying to decide on which size chair, and whether or not to upgrade cushions. FYI, I will be selecting Capri Harness for the leather and am concerned that the standard wood finish in MD will look too red. I also have more honey tones in my wood floors/ decor. But then again, is it worth upgrading wood finish if only the legs will show? Any thoughts??

The 5008 chair is super-wide. I'd be more inclined to recommend the 5012.

I would not pay for a premium finish on a chair like this where only a small portion of wood shows, the upcharge is significant.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

APTanner Guest

Thanks Duane, once again, for your honest advice! I was thinking that upgrading the wood finish for just legs of the Highlands sofa, chair & ottoman was honestly not needed, but I wanted to throw it out there. I was concerned that the red tones might stand out too much, but realize that I shouldn't focus on this after all. Maybe consider putting those funds toward Ultra Down cushions?? I am leaning towards getting upgraded back cushions only, and leaving seats standard. Do ALL cushion grades come with a lifetime replacement for original owners? This has been a tough decision to make, as we're not able to actually sit in a Highlands sofa or chair before ordering! I agree that the 5008 chair is much wider than the 5012. We have 2 club chairs that will be in the same room, that are 42" wide, so I thought the 5008 would be proportionally in scale to those. The 5008, however, is smaller than the 9830 City Chair & 1/2 @ 59.5".....now THAT"S big!!!
    Hoping to finalize our decisions in the next few days. Is it ok to place final order over phone, after accepting your quote, or do we have to do everything online?

H&M charges 10% of the COM price to upgrade to a premium wood finish on a piece. I don't really care for that pricing structure, because it can make four short legs on a sofa become very pricey. On the other hand, if you take a sofa like the James Farm or Chantal that has a lot of wood, it's an absolute bargain. So for small finished wood pieces, I think stay with one of the many standard finishes unless money is no object.

Ultra Down cores are personal preference, not necessarily better. As of late, I have seen more and more customer want firmer cores, not softer. So think twice about that - don't upgrade the cores for the sake of upgrading. If you like the more plush feel of Ultra Down, by all means go for it.

Yes, its usually better to call in an order than email/text, that way we can go over all the specifics quickly and I can answer questions that might come up.
    Duane Collie

APTanner Guest

I thought there was only one standard finish noted for H&M Highlands, with that being DM. Just found this on an older thread...are these the only upgraded finishes?

These are the upcharge premium finishes:
    * Belgian Chocolate (my favorite)
    * Brilliance
    * Denmark
    * Frame Builder's Maple
    * Java High Sheen
    * Madison
    * Ranier
    * All Jessica Charles & Taylor King Finishes (when used on H&M product)

Yikes...yet another decision to make!!! Looking for a STANDARD finish to go with Capri Harness. Thinking a darker, more solid finish...without the red undertones of DM....like Belgian Choc. & Denmark..love these, but of course they're not standard! I'll just keep on looking....

The standard finish for most every piece of H&M if the customer does not specify is Mahogany Distress. However there are appx 30 or so finishes you can select at no additional charge. The photos on the Hancock and Moore website are pretty accurate in color.

Yes, those are the premium finishes. Appx $ 345 on a sofa, and $ 155 on a chair if you decide to go that route.
    Last edited by drcollie; 02-10-2017 at 11:44 PM.
    Duane Collie