Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rookie, Seriously Needing Some Guidance.

JBailey1 Guest

Default Re: Rookie, Seriously Needing Some Guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I just ordered this for my store last week, in a power unit. This is probably the best and most comfortable unit I've come across in a full recline sofa in a very long time from any maker.

http://www.bradington-young.com/prod...0&style=912-90

Sofa starts at $ 2,379 + delivery in the base, married cover leather and the loveseat version $ 2,239 from my store, but delivery will add several hundred dollars to the price depending on your location. That's the manual unit prices, and I would definitely add the power option to both at $ 150 additional per unit. Price looks better than I though it was in Married Cover leathers (2 colors to choose from at that price). Of course, I ordered my floor model in their most expensive leather (GR 5, Grafton Place)!
    Give me a price+delivery of both of these (motorized) to:
    4780 Dorsey Evergreen Rd Fulton MS 38843

Shipping to MS about $ 470 for a sofa and loveseat - motorized

Unit price depends on leather grade. In the top grade, which is what I ordered my floor stock model in (Grafton Place) ; $ 4.918 for the pair.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

JBailey1 Guest

And that's south of 5K too. Thank you

Whoops! Just found out this afternoon that the motorized units add $ 300 to each piece, not $ 150 (that is per seat it turns out).
    Duane Collie

JBailey1 Guest

I am really, really wanting to stay w/BY. My wife is wanting a 2 seater in Home Theater. I know BY makes the Lauren and the Bradford.
    Do you carry these?
    If so, can you get different leather colors?
    Is so, how much (non motorized)

I like the Reid sofa you showed me and was wanting to match that leather color

BY does not make a model named either 'Lauren' or 'Bradford' according to my master manifest list. You may be going to a store where they 'code' the names so that you can't price shop. It's always a good idea when requesting prices to use the model number off the BY website so that everyone is on the same page.

Price varies by leather grade once the model is identified. Motorized usually adds $ 150 per seat.

Yes, you can get any leather in the lineup.
    Duane Collie

JBailey1 Guest

Fearless Leader, pls provide me a quote on Hancock and Moore Austin Full Recline Sofa 9034-30 and Loveseat in Document Tobacco. Pls provide me a comparison between both sets we're interested in, from an expert's POV. I know there's gonna be a pretty big difference in price...but I want to know about all other differences. Thx

Comparison between what? I would have to have a specific model number and brand to do so...in the prior post we never resolved the model that you were seeking information on.

PM sent on pricing.
    Duane Collie

JBailey1 Guest

Sorry, Reid reclining sofa and LS by BY

Also, you could speak to quality of Baracalounger sofas

Hancock and Moore builds to the highest spec in the industry and that's what they are known for. They use the best of everything, and hire the best workers (they also pay them more than anyone else in the segment). That will result in a higher price for which they are unapologetic. It has always been their stated aim to build furniture without compromise, and I believe they do. No one loves high quality more than I do, even though sometimes the pricing can give me pause from time to time

Bradington-Young builds to a price point. They do not look to compete head-to-head with Hancock and Moore any more than Ford seeks to compete with Mercedes Benz or Seiko tries to compete with Rolex. Its a different product serving a different customer.

Can the casual observer or average customer who comes in my store tell the difference? Probably not. But if you study the pieces, you will see there is a difference. I also go to the factories and watch these being made, which gives me a huge insight into the actual builds vs. reading the party line on a website or catalog. I know what to look for and that's why I tend to be biased toward the better made product. I cannot sell a product I don't believe in, and am a dealer for both H&M and B-Y. I find the B-Y to be excellent VALUE for the money, but its not H&M. Is the H&M worth the extra cost? Depends on your budget and what you are looking for. I don't necessarily think H&M will outlast a piece of Bradington Young any more than that Rolex will outlast a Seiko, but its the use during the journey of living with the piece that makes the difference.

A quick run down of some of the difference:

Styling: H&M generally has much more interesting forms and spends a lot of money to develop them.
    Leathers: Far more choices from H&M (nearly 400) then B-Y (about 130)
    Frame: H&M is solid maple, B-Y is plywood
    Springs/Sus*****on: Both are 8-way hand-tied, the webbing and steel band reinforcement is superior on the H&M
    Construction: Better build tolerances on H&M - things like sectional alignment, spring edges, etc.
    Upholstery: No comparison. H&M never lets leather touch bare wood, everywhere there is leather, there is padding underneath
    Armtops: Atop each arm on a padded roll arm, H&M will use a block of custom molded rubber whereas BY uses standard industry foam.
    Leg Attachment: H&M screws to the frame, BY uses spin inserts which will give you fits if you ever have to replace them.
    Tailoring: No one pulls as tight and turns the corners as good as H&M
    Mechanisms: Leggitt and Platt for H&M, Universal Mech for BY : both are top quality, but neither as good as they should be.

Barcalounger? Made in China - enough said on that.

When all is said and done BY will be about 25 % less in price and its 25 % less furniture as well.
    Duane Collie