Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New & nervous about today's leather sofa, chair & ottoman purchase

CMBAUR Guest

Default Re: New & nervous about today's leather sofa, chair & ottoman purchase

@Maxine- Sometimes I think these forums do more damage and confusion than good....

My name is Chad Baur I am the U.S. Sales Manager of Legacy Leather By Campio. 2 years ago Campio purchased the name Legacy Leather and hired on their staff to produce the Legacy product in their facility in Woodbridge, ON. A common practice in the furniture manufacturing business now or any business for that matter.

The Campio product is in fact very different than Legacy and therefore are produced by 2 different teams of sewers and upholsterers. Campio is more of a price driven line with cut and sews from overseas (although all upholstering is done in house). Most US manufactures do have a cut and sewn program from overseas including Bradington-Young and Hancock and More.

Legacy is 100% cut, sewn, and upholstered in the Campio facility in Woodbridge, ON. Currently our website is being updating.... However you can still link to our site by www.campio-group.com and click the Legacy link on the bottom left hand side of the page. If you would like to contact me directly you can email me at cmbaur@aol.com I am assure you the same quality item you saw in the store will be what you receive...

@Drcollie- I have been a fan of your site and what you do for awhile your opinions are honest and I believe you aim to educate consumers on a big investment a quality leather product.

@organic_smallhome, yogibear- Maybe you can use my info provided to pass on some accurate info in the future.

yogibear Guest

Like you said Mr Baur an UPDATE of YOUR WEBSITE is NECESSARY! Can't report what I didn't see.

There is nothing wrong with showing the potential customer the Consumer Use Tag. Since you say you are in North Carolina on your linked in listing . You should be an advocate for consumers to look for that tag. What information is incorrect above?
    Last edited by yogibear; 03-10-2012 at 11:59 PM.

organic_smallhome Guest

I don't believe I passed on any inaccurate info? There was simply an information void on your company. For any consumer, that's usually a bad sign. But yes, if I come across the question again, I will certainly pass along your info.

Consumer Use tags are required by each state's Health Department and only list the filling content of the pieces for allergy purposes. They're of virtually no use in determining if a piece is well made.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

EJCN1970 Guest

I always am very leery of any company that has their Sales Manager using an AOL email address or any other personal type email address for that matter. It just does not lend to the credibitlity of the company.

hglaber Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EJCN1970 View Post
    I always am very leery of any company that has their Sales Manager using an AOL email address...
    I personally wouldn't put my work address on a public forum either (even one in my field) just fearing the spam. Most large mail providers are much better at filtering that out than my company's mail server. I see your point, and on a business card or a personal email directly to me I would 100% agree, but in this context I wouldn't read too much into it.

I hope Mr. Baur sticks around and contributes. I think more pros on the forum, especially in a variety of price ranges, increase it's value as a resource.

CMBAUR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Campio Furniture Group is another name for a Chinese Import company.
    This was the statement that bothered me because it is 100% false.

@EJCN1970- See hglaber's response- Keep in mind I am not here working.... In fact I'm wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt as I type this (not exactly business attire)

@hglaber- Thanks I was starting to feel unwelcome..... Sounds like Grand Rapids is starting to shake things up with the reemergence of Israels might give Gorman's Grand Rapids location some competition. Which for consumers means more sales!

Anyhow enough with the fun I got to get packed for an early morning flight to meet with some stores in AZ so I will stay out of everyone's hair for awhile. I miscalculated on the "spring forward" "fall back-wards" and I have lost an hour of sleep rather than gaining it

yogibear Guest

Should we replace it with the Campio Group is/was an Canadian importer of Chinese leather? It appears that link was from 2007.

With Campio Furniture Ltd (as listed on Hoovers)
    being associated with Edgewood, Superstyle and Legacy products in the past . Perhaps you should express to the existing management that website upgrades are necessary to combine your product lines and history in a more concise way of explanation to the buying public both retail and wholesale. The buying public now can use Google, Bing, Altavista and find out in ~15 minutes time most every link in the last 10 years to the company name. Elimination of some of those websites and links may end some of the confusion and or inaccuracy that you find savvy consumers may find objectionable or inaccurate.
    Last edited by yogibear; 03-12-2012 at 05:09 PM.

chuckscap Guest

Sorry, I know this is an old thread but we have been looking at leather sofas for awhile. The only one my wife has liked the design of that seems to be of decent quality is the Campio-Group Legacy Leather Calgary. The one question I have that Woodley's furniture or the Legacy Leather website seems to leave out is what grade of leather is it? They talk about taking care of aniline, full aniline and semi-aniline but don't really say which leather grade they are using. Does anyone know?

Leather 'grades' are pricing grades within a supplier, nothing more. They are based on what the builder of the furniture has to pay the leather supplier for the hides.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.