Thread: Benchmaster recliners? How durable? Where are they made?

Quakebum Guest

Default Benchmaster recliners? How durable? Where are they made?

I'm looking for a good reading/home theater recliner for my new house.

I tried the Benchmaster Nicolas, it's pretty comfortable, but I'm not sure how durable it is. The sales person doesn't know where it's made either, I'm thinking China. He also told me it's a 40 year recliner, but I doubt it'll last that long with regular use.

I also put down a deposit for a Ekornes recliner, I know those are well built and last forever, but I'm not sure if I should spend $1650 (special promotion) especially when I just got a puppy and he'll likely chew on it (at first anyway).

So is the Extra $1000+ worth it for the Ekornes? How durable are the benchmasters? I can get the Nicholas for $625. Where are they made?

http://www.benchmasterfurniture.com/Nicholas%207438.htm

Default Re: Benchmaster recliners? How durable? Where are they made?

You're going to get tired of looking at that one for 40 years, its already a dated design well past its 1980's trendiness.

ANYONE who tells you a recliner is a 40-year purchase is blowing smoke up your tailpipe. Ask them to put that in writing and watch the reaction.

Ekornes is well-known in that style of furniture and most people seem to get about 15 years out of one.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

GLHunt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Quakebum View Post
    I'm looking for a good reading/home theater recliner for my new house.

I tried the Benchmaster Nicolas, it's pretty comfortable, but I'm not sure how durable it is. The sales person doesn't know where it's made either, I'm thinking China. He also told me it's a 40 year recliner, but I doubt it'll last that long with regular use.

I also put down a deposit for a Ekornes recliner, I know those are well built and last forever, but I'm not sure if I should spend $1650 (special promotion) especially when I just got a puppy and he'll likely chew on it (at first anyway).

So is the Extra $1000+ worth it for the Ekornes? How durable are the benchmasters? I can get the Nicholas for $625. Where are they made?

http://www.benchmasterfurniture.com/Nicholas%207438.htm
    I would seriously doubt the durability of ANY chair made by Benchmaster. I had issues with the fabric on two chair arms where it had peeled off. I contacted Benchmark in Anaheim, CA to see about getting two new chair arms back in August. Followed up several times with the President, Gene TROBAUGH, got an e-mail telling me they were ordered and would contact me on arrival...next thing I received is an e-mail from Gene telling me I can stick the chair up my a--. If that's good customer service, I'm the pope. Good luck if you purchase their products...seriously doubt if it will last 40 years. Mine didn't last one.

needstuff Guest

I don't know anything about Benchmaster, but I've checked out Ekornes recliners a number of times now and I really like them. I find them really comfortable. If I needed another chair someplace (which I don't) and if Ekornes remotely fit in stylistically with my other stuff (which it really doesn't) I would get one.