Thread: Final Choice -- Angelo Sofa, Restoration Sofa or Campaign Sofa?

LMB123 Guest

Default Final Choice -- Angelo Sofa, Restoration Sofa or Campaign Sofa?

Duane, We enjoyed visiting your showroom earlier this week and have narrowed our choices down to these three sofas. We are interested in purchasing a sofa and two chairs for our living room. The living room measures 20' in length by 13' wide. The sofa will be placed under a large picture window.

Does anyone have an opinion on the following styles: Angelo, Restoration or Campaign? I'm wondering if any of these will be too large for the space.

I'd appreciate any feedback you might have.

Thanks,
    LMB

Default Re: Final Choice -- Angelo Sofa, Restoration Sofa or Campaign Sofa?

Glad you could stop by!

Angelo - sleek lined comfort
    Restoration - good style and form, will give up some seating comfort to the Angelo for what most folks like
    Campaign - a softer, more plush sofa than the others with a bit heavier style.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

LMB123 Guest

Hi Duane, We're still trying to make a final decision on a H&M sofa and chairs. I like the tight back style and comfort of the Angelo but am a little worried it will be too big for my living room. The room is only 13' x 20' and the couch is opposite a large entertainment unit.

Are there any other tight back sofas that you would recommend for comfort and style? The Campaign Sofa is attractive but seems to have loose cushions. I'm looking for a neater style.

Thanks for your help!
    LMB

I'd probably opt for the Angelo....but that's just me!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

LMB123 Guest

Thanks for the quick response. How about the Studio Sofa (4263) compared to the Angelo? The Studio is a few inches smaller but does not seem as comfortable. I like that it is smaller in the space.

Also, can you tell me what leather is shown on the Angelo Sofa in the catalog? It seems like a dark, rich brown. I'm thinking of Columbia Molasses but would still like to consider other dark colors.

Thanks,
    LMB

spbell Guest

Hope you don't mind me chimming in... but I had the opportunity to sit in the Filmore sofa #5733 last week and absolutely loved it! It's very comfortable (and I am vertically challenged at 5'4") It has a nice tight back, although I think the frame has a slight curve to the front. It's still on the smaller scale but with great style. Search this forum for Duane's pictures posted from Market last year. It's featured in a hot red with brass tacks and a button back but also comes in a tight back. I don't think the H&M catalog pictures do it justice.

hglaber Guest

I really liked the Filmore in the market pics too. Sized to fit in a normal house, nice framed back, and somewhat transitional without being too square like some rail-armed pieces can be. I like that little curve on the front too.

Your first-person review is not helping as sofa sits way down at #5 on the Big Ticket Discretionary Items list. "It looks nice but sits like a car topper jon boat" would have been better for me. But the new garage door and opener that should be here literally any minute are fun too, right?

Yeah I don't think so either.
    Last edited by hglaber; 03-01-2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: typo patrol

LMB123 Guest

Thanks for the feedback on the Filmore Sofa. It looks pretty comfortable but I don't like the frame border. I wish it wasn't so difficult to find Hancock and Moore Sofas in local showrooms. In the New York area, most dealers only stock one or two models on the floor. They always seem to have the City Sofa but that is about it. I find choosing a sofa incredibly difficult to do without seeing it in person. We're leaning toward the Angelo Sofa at this time. My family discovered that the Angelo has a Tilt Back Chair and that had a great impact on the decision. I hope the tilt back feature is not too obvious on the chair!

hglaber Guest

I have a tilt-back - an Austin 2038, the bustle-back/nail trim/knife cushion precursor to the Angelo. The only obvious indicators that it's a tilt-back are the release switch on the side (which I believe can be replaced by a hidden lever between the cushion and arm?), and the gap between the sides of the back frame and the arm. Most people that see mine don't realize it's a tilt-back. They do generally spot the 1044 Sadler next to it as as a recliner; the obvious retracted footrest usually gives recliners away.