Thread: Help me do this thing myself please

Busticated Guest

Question Help me do this thing myself please

I have a high legged Hancock and Moore recliner. I experienced finding "things" under the chair and they appeared to be big broken bolts. I researched the web and found Hancock and Moore's site and contacted them. They were Very nice and most helpful. I was told I needed to order the mechanism which I could replace. I did that and have it here. Well...I'm not stupid but I have never operated on a recliner before. There were no instructions with this mechanism and I really would like to try this myself. Where do I start or are there instructions available? I would appreciate any help you'll give me. Thanks!!

Default Re: Help me do this thing myself please

HA! Well - get ready for a little frustration and cut knuckles. It takes most guys that are 'handy' about three hours to replace it, or you can take it to an upholsterer and they typically can do it in an hour. There are no instructions, but basically in a recliner everything is built around the mechanism. Remove the footrest first, and then flip it upsidedown on a table or something where you can work on it, then begin unbolting everything. I've not done one all the way personally, but have seen enough go together in the factory that I'd not hesitate to tackle it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.