Thread: Thanks to Duane (my review) Sundance in Equestrian Truffle; Author Chair and ottomans

aluebcke Guest

Default Thanks to Duane (my review) Sundance in Equestrian Truffle; Author Chair and ottomans

Many thanks to Duane and the Keeping Room!

We started looking at leather furniture in June of last year, and I'm so happy to have found Duane and his forum. It's amazing how knowledgeable Duane is about furniture, and H&M in particular.

Duane guided us through our decision making process by answering our numerous questions (my original post is now at #185!).....and was endlessly patient. He quoted all my PM requests (and there were a lot) in a timely manner and always offered great advice. I especially appreciated his honest advice, when he didn't think my ideas would work in my room. Instead of taking the "easy" approach of agreeing with me, he offered his honest opinions (about layout, custom options, leather choices, matching leathers, etc.) The result is furniture I love and leathers that go great together!

His commitment to service is truly unique in today's environment....you can tell he really cares about his customers and does his best to be sure they're happy with their choices.

We had a one problem when the furniture was delivered....the 96" sofa should have been a custom 4" deeper but was not. Duane immediately called H&M, and over a few days, helped determine what had happened. (Honestly, I think he figured it out before H&M.) It was an honest mistake by H&M, and they stood behind their product, offering to remake the sofa or give us a significant discount. We chose the discount and are happy with our choice.

Duane was great throughout the purchase, but you really understand how important service is when something goes wrong. Duane really came through for us, and went the extra mile to be sure we were happy.

I'll definitely recommend Duane and The Keeping Room to others, and will be a repeat customer myself.

H&M's quality is outstanding, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their products as well.

Sun Delivery did a great job, too. The delivery guys were very professional and delivered everything without a scratch.

Attached are some pictures of the furniture. We're thrilled with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000171(1).jpg 
Views:	896 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	3569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000169(1).jpg 
Views:	919 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	3570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000170(1).jpg 
Views:	888 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	3571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000168(1).jpg 
Views:	809 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	3572Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000172(1).jpg 
Views:	747 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	3573

aluebcke Guest

Default Re: Thanks to Duane (my review) Sundance in Equestrian Truffle; Author Chair and otto

Here are a few more:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000180(1).jpg 
Views:	807 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	3574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000177(1).jpg 
Views:	669 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	3575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000173(1).jpg 
Views:	778 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	3576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000178(1).jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	3577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000181(1).jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	3578

The ottomans are Nile Croc Burnished on the top with Hand Antiqued Saddle (to match the author chair) on the bottom. They're really fun!

Default Re: Thanks to Duane (my review) Sundance in Equestrian Truffle; Author Chair and otto

Hey Amanda!

Have you tried moving the sofa closest to the kitchen back about 18"? It seems like it wants to 'come back' and fill the space to the rear . Bring it off the carpet, perhaps (and adjust the carpet on the sofa over at the wall as well). Just a thought.

And you need one of these for the Author Chair! I just ordered one of these for myself in Ostrich Burnished for my library.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1748
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

aluebcke Guest

Hi Duane! Yep, we agree on the sofa placement. We plan on moving it back this weekend, but since the rug will need to come out, it will take a bit of work (the other sundance is sitting on it....and it's pretty heavy).

Right now my husband has been pulling one of the Author ottomans over to the Author chair....not sure how long I'll be okay with that since I like everything organized just right. We'll see.....

Funny story for you (funny now, not so much yesterday):

My son is home with strep throat and I let him lay on the new sofa. I was worried about him since he was breathing a little hard, and we were leaving for the doctor shortly, so I didn't cover up the furniture. Well, he puked on the sofa, one of the ottomans, the wool rug, and the new faux fur throw!

Good news though....the Equestrian Truffle wiped completely clean! I'm so glad we chose it. The bottom of the ottoman had a small stain, but it has already disappeared (took about a day). Of course, I wiped the leather off within about 30 seconds.

He's now laying on the sofa, which is covered with blankets, and the ottomans are across the room. Of course he's fine now.

Amanda

BevoGal Guest

I have followed this story and greatly appreciate all the detail included! Thank you both for posting -- Duane sounds like a top-notch business owner who cares about his customers. That is hard to come by. Now, if I can figure out how to upload my floor plan and get a Sundance Sectional to fit, I'll be happy

Damask Guest

Sorry... made a mistake... I'll PM the OP...