Thread: Randall Allan

Superfluous Guest

Default Randall Allan

I did a little search on Randall Allan and Duane doesn't seem to be too high on them. Are they 100% made in China or only the leather? Even though it's made in China, is it not quite up to par with mainline Hancock and Moore?

As a side question:

What am I going to get out of buying Hancock and Moore (mainline) over a brand like Bradington-Young?

Default Re: Randall Allan

Correct. "Randall Allen" is a proprietary line owned by Hancock and Moore and is 100% made in China. It will NOT be branded or have the Hancock and Moore label on the pieces. I have never tried the pieces in my store - I simply do not wish to sell furniture made in China so I take a pass on even looking at it for purposes of retailing it. I understand its decent for what it is, and it serves a price point, and I have not heard any negative comments about the line. Overall, its a simpler line (less complex frames and leathers) and knowing the owners of H&M as I do, I don't doubt for a minute that it has to pass their quality standards of they wouldn't offer it. Part of my reason for not carrying this or any other Chinese line is patriotic - we have a struggling-but-still-alive-and-kicking furniture industry in the USA and I'll not contribute to taking a job away from an American worker - and part of that is the general mediocre to poor build on many pieces coming out out China. Unless you are really strapped to a budget (and some are, granted), you can buy genuine Hancock and Moore (made in the USA) within the Town and Country program and be just a little over the price on Randall Allen.

I just did a comparo on H&M vs BY last week, review the recent threads and you will see it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Superfluous Guest

I think I'm going towards mainline Hancock and Moore and maybe Jessica Charles, which I've read is actually comparable to mainline Hancock and Moore. What are your thoughts on the Hancock and Moore Rugby sofa with the Tiburon Chestnut leather?

Jessica Charles is a company wholly owned by H&M and is made in High Point NC, and hour south of the H&M facilities. They build an excellent product and you can use H&M leathers on their pieces as well.

Rugby with Tiburon will be smashing.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Superfluous Guest

Thanks Duane. Any thoughts on pairing that Tiburon Chestnut Rugby sofa with a Jessica Charles Ivory/light beige Charlesworth Chaise lounge? Is the chaise too curvacious for the sofa? Also, would you match the nail head and the wood legs on the Rugby sofa and Jessica Charles chaise?