Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cocktail Ottomans

Default Re: Cocktail Ottomans

Not really sure on that one. My main concern is the length of the bench @ 56". It would be more like a padded coffee table than an ottoman at that size. An Ava sofa has an interior of 71" so that means 7 1/2" less is the air space on each side of the bench to sofa. As long as you are oK with that, then the style certainly works.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

crunch10 Guest

Duane, thanks for the reply. The intention would be that people on both ends of the sofa could use the bench as a footrest, primarily while watching TV. It would be an alternative to a double recliner sofa. Besides the usual pros and cons of stationary vs recliner sofas, it would be in our view preferable in terms of style and scale. However, without seeing the 2 pieces together, it is difficult to judge if they would work together in terms of comfort and proportion.

If you have the sofa, take some cardboard boxes and arrange them in roughly the size of the ottoman and try it out. Or even just put some masking tape on the floor to tape off the area it would take up. Those tricks have worked for me to figure out if something new would work.

I agree its not easy to tell if the two styles will work together nicely. They should, but you never really know until one is in front of the other.
    Duane Collie

Bringing this topic up with a related question.
    I really like the combination of leather on http://www.hancockandmoore.com/image...aign_BO_PR.jpg
    Photographed in Tuscany Saddle and Tuscany Harness . It's really funny that so many leathers on the H&M site stock pictures are gone!
    Tuscany Saddle, Heirloom Chestnut, Imperial Whiskey Burnished, Weston Tobacco, Antiqued Sunset Burnished and so on, so on.
    Nevertheless, as I'm looking to have the same 2 leather combination on "072 Campaign Cocktail Ottoman" and wonder if it will look fine with "TIBURON Cognac"/"TIBURON Walnut" or "Cameo Brown Burnished"/"Weston Can Burnished" combination.
    I really appreciate your guys opinion/thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbayguy View Post
    Bringing this topic up with a related question.
    I really like the combination of leather on http://www.hancockandmoore.com/image...aign_BO_PR.jpg
    Photographed in Tuscany Saddle and Tuscany Harness . It's really funny that so many leathers on the H&M site stock pictures are gone!
    Tuscany Saddle, Heirloom Chestnut, Imperial Whiskey Burnished, Weston Tobacco, Antiqued Sunset Burnished and so on, so on.
    Nevertheless, as I'm looking to have the same 2 leather combination on "072 Campaign Cocktail Ottoman" and wonder if it will look fine with "TIBURON Cognac"/"TIBURON Walnut" or "Cameo Brown Burnished"/"Weston Can Burnished" combination.
    I really appreciate your guys opinion/thoughts!
    I am currently going through the process of buying all burnished pieces, the ottoman is a different brown then the other furniture, Duane is making sure they burnish them all at the same time so they compliment each other, that I think would look great ��

Leathers come and go depending on how they sell. Furniture and covers are as much about style and fashion as they are utility and durability. When the sales slow down in a category, or if the tannery is having problems with the hides (pricing, delivery, consistency, etc) they will drop them and new ones come into the line. Remember that Hancock and Moore is an industry style leader in fashion, not a follower. So they come out first with the new looks and it takes the copycats 18 months to follow their designs and colors/textures. So you are likely to see more progressive hide selection changes at H&M that other companies.

You can create that two tone look with several hides in the line. What I would suggest if you go through the existing hides and order pairs of sample swatches to combine - the swatches are free of charge. Keep high contrast values, don't get them too close to one another.

Cameo Mocha with Cameo Caramel could be one combo.
    Duane Collie

Life was so much easier in the good old Soviet Union. The communist party made sure that you are not agonizing over the having too many choices!
    Are Cameo Brown and Cameo Merlot contrasting enough? Hard to find something for the TIBURON Cognac. I guess I need to order samples in May to finalize the order.
    Last edited by Eastbayguy; 03-31-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Yes, you have to do samples.
    Duane Collie