Thread: Weight? Austin Sleeper Sofa?

Rafree1 Guest

Default Weight? Austin Sleeper Sofa?

I'm looking into having this shipped. Duane, I will pm you for a quote on the sleeper. I have one from ****** for 2900.00 but, it's already made in the Oxblood color and it's not the sleeper...and I have another quote from a place in St. Catherines for the SAME sofa in Oxblood she wants 4900.00 no tax added in yet, no shipping either.

Anyway, I'm just testing out what U ship wants to pick and bring me a similar sofa.

I'm a bit worried about that one though as I think I have ONE 32 inch door and the rest are 30 inches. Figuring out the weights is quite a pain as I couldn't find them listed on the H and M website.

Default Re: Weight? Austin Sleeper Sofa?

Weights are not listed on the website, but they are in the price book. # 6134NB is 300 lb (shipping weight). Careful if you are looking to use U-Ship to go into Canada....you have to have a brokerage agent and that's probably not the place to save money...you could wind up with your sofa stuck in customs for awhile if the U-ship person doesn't know how to do it correctly. DeJong Trucking out of Ontario does it like clockwork.

32" might be a challenge with that sofa (would have to check), for sure its not going through the 30"ers.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Rafree1 Guest

Default Re: Weight? Austin Sleeper Sofa?

Thanks Duane, I wouldn't want to get stuck in customs. Last time U ship did not do customs at the border. They hold at their local warehouse and I go to Trenton to the customs office with my paperwork. Then return stamped paperwork to U ship warehouse here where my item is then they will deliver after I get clearances. I won't likely use them for this anyway. I don't really think I want a "Cavalier" leather and that's all that seller had.

I also have decided against the sleeper!