Thread: West End Sofa Leathers?

Rafree1 Guest

Default West End Sofa Leathers?

What is the leather on this chair if you ventured to guess?

H and M doesn't seem to say what leather they used for their display pic.

Thanks!
    http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1778

Superfluous Guest

Default Re: West End Sofa Leathers?

I don't know what the sofa is, but the West End chair looks like it's Tuscany Harness.

Rafree1 Guest

Thanks for suggesting that leather. I'm looking for something very dark brown with perhaps a tiny red undertone rather than a more chocolate/mocha straight on brown. Nearly black brown would do but, I love what they have on that West End however, even though I have full HD monitor on my Macbook Pro I still do not trust the colors just from online! I will order a sample of that Tuscany Harness!

Superfluous Guest

I have found their online sample photos to have a reddish tint and vary greatly from the in-store samples. I just received my cutting for approval on Tuscany Harness and it's going to be a wild leather. The cutting for approval sample started off VERY dark brown with a smooth texture. However, as you bend, scratch, and stretch the leather it lightens up dramatically. So the samples from the store will be "beaten up" while the cutting for approval was untouched. Bending Tuscany Harness leave a light colored stretched mark in the leather, while scratches can be rubbed a bit out. However, when you stretch the leather, it bursts much lighter but doesn't retain the color 100%. If I remember, I'll take a photo of it tonight that shows an "untouched" portion vs a rubbed up portion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafree1 View Post
    What is the leather on this chair if you ventured to guess?

H and M doesn't seem to say what leather they used for their display pic.

Thanks!
    http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1778
    It may be Ryan Berry. H&M has so many leathers that come in and out every year, that they don't label the hide used in photos because on many pieces it will be a dropped or retired cover.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post
    I have found their online sample photos to have a reddish tint and vary greatly from the in-store samples. I just received my cutting for approval on Tuscany Harness and it's going to be a wild leather. The cutting for approval sample started off VERY dark brown with a smooth texture. However, as you bend, scratch, and stretch the leather it lightens up dramatically. So the samples from the store will be "beaten up" while the cutting for approval was untouched. Bending Tuscany Harness leave a light colored stretched mark in the leather, while scratches can be rubbed a bit out. However, when you stretch the leather, it bursts much lighter but doesn't retain the color 100%. If I remember, I'll take a photo of it tonight that shows an "untouched" portion vs a rubbed up portion.
    That is called a 'pull-up' leather when you see that effect. It will show the lighter areas on the final piece where the uphostery craftsperson pulls the hide tight to the frame.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Rafree1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    It may be Ryan Berry. H&M has so many leathers that come in and out every year, that they don't label the hide used in photos because on many pieces it will be a dropped or retired cover.
    It looks like a deep, deep berry to me. Almost black.

As to the other leather if it is a pull up...I am not that fond of those. I handled a sample once. It seemed rubbery in a way. Anyway, not for me really. There were so many I loved! I wish H and M did put what they had used because some of us are fretting over it. lol.

I'm sure I'll love whatever it is. Their stuff looks so good that even in colors I am not that fond of it's pretty impressive.

Superfluous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Are you referring to the sofa or chair? The sofa looks more like it could be the berry color, but I'm not sure how the chair could be.
    Last edited by Superfluous; 04-17-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Rafree1 Guest

I was referring to the sofa looking like a dark berry color! You are right the chair is not berry at all!