Thread: In search of a high back leather Hancock and moore sofa

sjrubin28 Guest

Smile In search of a high back leather Hancock and moore sofa

I am finally ready to finish my research and try to narrow down the plethora of choices to one. I would love some help.

The facts.

1. My great room is sunny and the leather would have to be protected and get more worn in sort of a RL look. The room has natural wood beams and a fireplace.
    2. I would like a tight back sofa
    3. It needs to be FIRM with lower back support. We would also like it to be not too deep.
    4. My husband is 6 3 and wants to nap on the sofa
    These models looks like they fit our requirments but I would love some feedback. Also I am having a hard time sitting in the exact model. We are in Long island about 15 miles east of NYC.
    Journal
    Angelo or Austin??
    Kodiak?

Also I live in a house of boys who jump and spill and are typical 6 and 4 year old boys.
    I would also love some leather recomendations. I do not like any red.. I like a butternut color . I would love to send some picture of my room to you and maybe it would help with the selection.
    Thanks, Samantha

Default Re: In search of a high back leather Hancock and moore sofa

'Protected' leather will not give you a 'worn-in' look, its a painted leather. To get that RH look , you have to have a aniline pull-up leather. The protected leathers just lose their paint in flakes when they get old.

The sun will destroy everything in the room and blow the color out of rugs, floors, furniture, etc. Sun UV ray control is the key to keeping your things nice.

Not too deep and accommodating a 6' 3" man for comfort are at opposite ends of the spectrum!

All those models you list are good, mainstream units. Jumping on furniture is something you want to discourage, that's REALLY hard on the suspension system on any furniture and will lead to premature failure.

Feel free to post pics!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.