Thread: Macy's Ralph Lauren Leather Sofa set

Cyclotron Guest

Default Macy's Ralph Lauren Leather Sofa set

Dear all

I am considering the following leather sofa set from Macy's:
    http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/l...=#BVRRWidgetID

Does any one have any experience with Macy's or Ralph Lauren sofas?
    I doubt that Ralph Lauren makes their own sofas and likely just relabels sofas from other manufacturers. What do you think the quality of these sofas is going to be? Any insight will be very helpful.

Thanks
    Amit

bubbaonline Guest

Default Re: Macy's Ralph Lauren Leather Sofa set

I can't speak to this set of furniture, specifically... but, Macy's has a large furniture store in my area.. We used to shop there, as they carried the full spectrum of furniture, from functional to high-end... But, no longer... Everything in the store is mass-market crap.. and, I'd guess that the Lauren stuff is, as well..

It might be serviceable for the price... but, I definitely wouldn't add any value for the designer name...

omecene Guest

Look at the reviews - I think that should speak volumes.

Macy's furniture is generally considered to be low end to mid-grade.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

movinginva Guest

I just had a terrible experience with a piece of furniture from Macy's. I would not trust the reviews since they do filter out the bad ones. I posted a review on the piece that I had purchased, which was very honest, but negative, and it has never shown up on their site. If you look at most of the furniture reviews (at least the ones I looked at when buying, and based on information from the sales person at the store), they are glowing; everyone seems thrilled by their experience.
    Beware!!

Any time a review must be moderated - its going to be censored. I personally refuse to patronize places that do that. I once bought two aftermarket motorcycle parts from the same maker and wrote two reviews on them. The first part was excellent - and I said so. The second was poorly designed and built - and I wrote that as well. They published my first one (glowing) and not the second (negative). I wrote them a note and informed they I would not buy their products any more when they engage in selective review censoring.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

bubbaonline Guest

I agree that negative reviews shouldn't be censored.... but, they still have to be moderated, just like any forum..

jarrodsmorton Guest

The high end Ralph Lauren furniture is actually made by EJ Victor in Morganton, NC. It is very hight end. It will say " Ralph Lauren." The low end stuff that is available is attached to a few stores and manufacturer's, Schnadig being one of them. Anyway, it will say " Lauren Ralph Lauren." That is how you know the difference between the low end Ralph Lauren and the high end.

habs88 Guest

When a company slaps another brand name on their product line i am hesitant. Putting Ralph Lauren on the furinture brand brand is very expensive for the furniture company and the customer as a result ends up paying for that. Part of what you are paying for has absolutely nothing to do with quality of build or materials. It's purely marketing spin. At least that's how i view it.

jarrodsmorton Guest

I agree with you when they do minimum retail pricing. If they did not do that, I think you are paying for what you get. It is a partnership for both sides. They are not ignorant to the fact that the specs cannot be to far off from the competition and the maket share they are trying to grab. Sometimes we can get by the minimum retail pricing a couple times a year. It only applies to a couple lines though.