Thread: Shipping to Canada

Threaded View

Default Shipping to Canada

I have a number of Canadian customers off the forum and shipping into Canada really hasn't worked out very well, so effective today's date I am inclined to strongly suggest that folks in Canada buy locally where they live. I understand the prices are considerably less buying in the States even with shipping and taxes figured in, but I don't have an effective and affordable way to bring goods back once they cross the border and that compromises my customer service capability.

There are no blanket wrap services that run into Canada, so everything has to go by truck. That means everything must to to an address with a loading dock in the carton or else it has to divert to a moving and storage company for unpacking and home delivery. If there is a mistake in an order, or a warranty issue, the pieces have to go back in their boxes (which were cut up and tossed in the garbage when unpacked) and then have to deal with customs to and from on returns and fixes. The customers get upset as the pieces have to be re-packed somehow and shipping costs / border paperwork is too high. Its a massive headache and quite frankly not worth it.

I never like to turn away an order, but I can't service you in Canada to my standards and to a level of satisfaction you would expect. I'm not sure any dealer from the USA can for that matter - in spite of what they may tell you.

So effective April 24, 2012 if you wish to order from my store and we are shipping outside the USA, then any customer service issues will be limited to 1) Sending touch up that you can apply yourself 2) repairs that can done locally by a shop of your choosing for a fee (not to exceed a set amount, depending on the repair). Warranty / return / mis-order issues WILL NOT include free freight to and from the maker in the USA, that will be done at customer expense unless its agreed to be paid for by the maker after inspection.

I encourage those in Canada to buy from a Canadian store where they can get a higher level of customer service, even if you do have to pay more for the goods.
    Last edited by drcollie; 05-09-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.