Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's taking so long???

Default Re: What's taking so long???

Quote Originally Posted by Fick5 View Post
    Hey Duane, don't forget about me here in Tennessee. I think I might be your current oldest order, Feb. 23. Can you please give me some info on my order? The husband is getting pretty worried about his recliner! I know when I called and inquired several months ago you said the leather was out of stock and it would take about 6 weeks to get it in, so I'm still waiting for my CFA.
    Long out of stock on your leather, but its due into H&M next week - and I'll get the CFA a few days later and remail to you. They close 1 week for summer vacation first week of July, so my estimate is it will ship out 4 weeks once you approve the Cutting For Approval.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ken325i Guest

Just received a factory order for an Austin hb/tilt chair (firm seat cushion) with ottaman, document chestnut,...........4 weeks from order to delivery at my home. I am very pleased!!

And, it is the most comfortable chair I have ever owned.

It's all about leather availability! And that varies by the hour - literally...
    Duane Collie

Fick5 Guest

Murphy's Law for me, out of all the leather to choose from of course I would pick one that was out of stock for so long. LOL Oh well, sounds like were getting closer to getting it here. Thanks for letting me know the status of the order.

Its not just your order, there are several that are going long not only in H&M. One customer even cancelled his BY order with me today because it was taking too long. I know its very frustrating when tanneries give the maker a promise date, they relay that to me - them me to you. When the tannery doesn't deliver, then it cascades downhill from there. Now, some would say 'Why don't they just buy more leather?" You'd probably be shocked if I were to tell you that H&M keeps appx. $ 3.5 million in leather inventory year 'round, and often that isn't enough to meet demand. Its a fine balancing act to have enough - but not too much. And when the supplier misses his schedule, then its even worse.

Here's another something to consider. Virtually all tanneries in the world shut down most of August for annual cleaning. That means stocks in September and October often run low and are not caught up on until near the end of the year.

When you need your furniture, call your dealer and let them know. That way we can look at possible alternatives that might be in stock. When you have a company with nearly 400 leathers in stock such as H&M, we can usually find two or three other hides that are pretty close to the original selection that MIGHT be faster availability. I for one, am always glad to call and check stocks. Don't wait until its an either / or situation ("either you have it or I'm canceling the order"), as that doesn't leave time to find out something that will work and be built on the rush list. No one wants you to cancel or be frustrated, neither the maker or the dealer . When it begins to be too long, ask for some help and a good dealer will get you some alternatives short of canceling.
    Duane Collie

Fick5 Guest

Yes, you did tell me when I called that I could choose a different leather, but I was willing to wait on the one I picked, because I like it so much. I wouldn't even think of canceling my order, because this has been a long long process to find the sofa and chair that I wanted, so I will wait not only on the items I want but also the leather I want. The hubs is telling me this is a one time purchase, so I intend to get exactly what I want. Thanks for the info.

Fick5 Guest

Duane, any word on my CFA? Still waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Fick5 View Post
    Duane, any word on my CFA? Still waiting!
    Its taking far too long, agreed.

I put a call into H&M's leather buyer this morning and he's going to call over to the tannery this afternoon and see why this is taking so long. Buckingham is an Italian hide, and they are THE WORST at time deliveries, they work to a different schedule / ethic over there. The Chinese and German hides come in like clockwork..but not the Italians.

Apologies! Will let you know...
    Duane Collie

Fick5 Guest

OK, Thanks

Update....

While I didn't get an explanation on the delay, the CFA is being burnished right now and will go out early next week to you. Normally then come to me and then I re-mail them, but in order to save three to four days its coming straight to you, sorry for the delays. Once approved, we'll fast track the build and get it out the door in a couple of weeks!
    Duane Collie