Thread: Thanks to Aaron, once again....

Default Thanks to Aaron, once again....

Aaron volunteers his time to keep this forum in tip top condition and running smoothly. I don't have the technical expertise to do it - and believe it or not they do require regular maintenance to keep it up and running. Aaron is a customer of my store and offered to do this and has never asked for the first dime for his hours of work no one ever sees. And it does take hours. Without his assistance, I would have to hire someone to do it and I don't understand all the underpinning that make these v.bulletin forums work.

We've got a new update now that Aaron installed, and you'll see many more options for posting in the menu bar above the reply box. To add photos is now MUCH easier than before, simply click on the 'insert image' icon in the middle row and direct it to the photos on your computer or web site. A few clicks and you are done. MUCH easier than the older way.

And here's some tips on posting photos:

1) Bandwith costs money. Please don't load up 5 mb photos as they take up space and the more space used, the higher the server fees. Take your camera off 'fine' or 'best' resolution and set it to 'normal'. If you have a photo imaging program on your computer (most do) set the dpi to 72 or even 100, and the photo size to 5.5" x 7.5" or thereabouts. That reduces that space-eating 5 mb photo to about 120 kb, with no loss in screen clarity for normal viewing, and that saves ME money on forum costs.

2) Camera photos are OK for outdoor, daylight shots. They are lousy at indoor photos. If you want to show detail on a piece or have it identified, don't use them. Get a regular digital camera and make sure the camera has something to focus on because on a leather sofa, all the camera sees is one mass of smooth color. Place a coin in the photo area so the camera can focus on that and it also gives a sense of size to the photo image area. If color is something you are trying to convey, use a Coke Can in the photo - because everyone knows what a red Coke can is supposed to look like.

I just noticed an Auto-Save feature while typing this - that's fantastic! Ya'll don't know how many posts I have spent an hour typing out that vanish into thin air because of a glitch and I didn't have a save on the copy.

Thanks again, Aaron - for making the forum run like a fine tuned machine.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

bigg3 Guest

Default Re: Thanks to Aaron, once again....

where do i go to post new thread?

Furniture Guest

Well done Aaron, points noted I won't upload any big photos.

Sticky removed
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.