Thread: Confused About Shifman

zen4life Guest

Default Confused About Shifman

Duane -

I am in the market for a mattress and I read some posts of yours regarding Shifman and wanted to ask you a question about their lower end line. Your opinion was that they were about as good as the machine made mattresses from the big S-brands. However, I wonder if you are basing that off old models? To summarize what they show on the website :

Top Line : Masters Collection (2-sides, hand tufted, 83 lbs cotton, natural latex, pashmina, wool, heavy steel hi-profile double offset unit)

Middle Line : Ultra Premium (2-sides, hand tufted, 83 lbs cotton, heavy steel hi-profile double offset unit)

(from what I can tell, middle line just doesn't have the luxury layers)

Bottom Line : Quilted Collection (2-sides, machine quilted, 47 lbs cotton, heavy steel Bonnell unit)

The bottom line has less cotton, is not hand tufted, is missing the luxury layers and has a lesser coil. However, if you compare this to the S-brand mattresses wouldn't this model still outlast anything the S-brands can deliver just by the nature of Shifman being flippable?? Also, besides the machine quiliting, the rest of the mattress is still hand made.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Pat

Default Re: Confused About Shifman

Shifman has changed their product since I used to carry it, and I'm not as familiar with it as I was when I had the line. I did see it at the High Point Market last October and spend about an hour in their showroom looking it over. In my opinion, I'd buy the mid line and high line beds , but skip the Quilted collection from what I saw of it.

They should easily out-perform the common 'S-brand' bedding in any of their series as cotton bunting won't degrade like the foam used in common production bedding.

I think Royal Pedic offers a better price value than Shifman, though the later has more models and fancier exterior covers.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

zen4life Guest

Default Re: Confused About Shifman

Thanks for the info.