Duane -

I am in the market for a mattress and I read some posts of yours regarding Shifman and wanted to ask you a question about their lower end line. Your opinion was that they were about as good as the machine made mattresses from the big S-brands. However, I wonder if you are basing that off old models? To summarize what they show on the website :

Top Line : Masters Collection (2-sides, hand tufted, 83 lbs cotton, natural latex, pashmina, wool, heavy steel hi-profile double offset unit)

Middle Line : Ultra Premium (2-sides, hand tufted, 83 lbs cotton, heavy steel hi-profile double offset unit)

(from what I can tell, middle line just doesn't have the luxury layers)

Bottom Line : Quilted Collection (2-sides, machine quilted, 47 lbs cotton, heavy steel Bonnell unit)

The bottom line has less cotton, is not hand tufted, is missing the luxury layers and has a lesser coil. However, if you compare this to the S-brand mattresses wouldn't this model still outlast anything the S-brands can deliver just by the nature of Shifman being flippable?? Also, besides the machine quiliting, the rest of the mattress is still hand made.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Pat