Thread: Feedback on your Royal Pedic?

Default Feedback on your Royal Pedic?

A number of forum members bought Royal Pedic bedding in early May, and I'm curious what you think of the way the bed sleeps now that you've had a few weeks to get used to it? What's your thoughts on the bedding, pro or con? Would your recommend the bedding and/or buy it again given the chance? It's not inexpensive bedding - do you feel it worth the price paid?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Bothfeetin Guest

Default Re: Feedback on your Royal Pedic?

By far the most satisfying piece of furniture we have ever purchased and worth every penny.

I guess we didn't realize how bad our old mattress was. Instantly stopped flipping,flopping and waking up a night .

I travel alot and I seriously cant wait to get home and sleep on the Royal Pedic.

Firm and comfortable !

Scott C.

zee703 Guest

To be honest...my "firm" Royal Pedic is not comfortable at all. When it arrived at the end of May 2012, I had to put two mattress pads on it because it almost feels like I'm sleeping on the boxspring. Maybe they make these mattresses now so that one must have the pillowtop on it (which I really don't care for and did not want) and thus, w/o the pillowtop, you feel as though there's not much between you and the coils or whatever's inside the mattress.

Sorry to hear that your Royal Pedic is too firm for you. If you have the basic All-Cotton model its the firmest they make, and you can supplement that with a variety of luxury pads they make in 3", 4" and 5" depths for more softness, plushness and luxury. FYI, I sleep on the basic and firm unit myself - my wife and I prefer a firm bed, but the nice thing is with the addition of the various toppers you can tailor the mattress to suit you.
    Duane Collie

zee703 Guest

It's not that it's too firm (I wanted a firm mattress)...it's almost as though I can feel the coils which is why I had to put two mattress covers on. That's why I think this mattress was meant to have the pad on top of it.

Reminds me of that fairy take "Princess and the Pea". We have three Royal Pedics in my home, all basic units with no toppers. I asked my 21-year-old daughter, 18-year-old son and wife if they could 'feel the coils' when they sleep and they all said they cannot. Guess its just one of those sensitivity things and preferences, but they were not designed to be used with a topper as a necessity.
    Duane Collie