Sat in and ordered two of these custom made chairs but in an upholstery fabric from the furniture store:

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/a...rniture002.jpg

The chairs are Bradington Young #7411. I fit in the leather chairs in the store. The chair I sat in swiveled, glided, and reclined. I fit perfectly.
The chairs were delivered last week and here is what they look like.

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/a...rniture006.jpg

My feet don't touch the floor. They are about 4 inches too high. The furniture salesman came to my house to look at the chairs and understands that they are too tall/big for me. He can't explain why the same chair (but in fabric) was perfect in the storeroom for me but the ones I received are too big. The Bradington Young plant manager told my furniture guy that they stuff the upholstered chairs more than the leather ones. My furniture guy who has been selling furniture for 66 years said he didn't know that. However, I just can't believe it is stuffed 4 inches more than a leather one. What they want to do is switch out the swivel, glider, and recliner mechanism that I paid extra for with a wall-hugger mechanism which will make the chair sit about 1 inch lower and it will also sit at a different pitch but not be able to swivel or glide anymore. I would have to pay $175 more for each chair and then find someone to replace the mechanism. They are waiting on an answer from me. First, there is no guarantee that this is going to help and I would be taking a chance. My question is am I responsible for not getting the chairs that I thought I was buying? Again the ones in the storeroom are the same - swivel, glide, and recline but they were in leather - same style number 7411. They sold all those chairs so I can't go back there and sit in one to prove to myself and everyone else that I fit in those chairs. I don't feel like I should spend any more money on these chairs. What advise would you give me? Do you think the furniture store should accept responsibility and take the chairs back or do you think I am responsible because I am not happy with the chairs as I don't fit in them nor are any of the other women in the household going to it? It appears the measurements are correct according to the Bradington Young website but they are obviously not the same size that were in the storeroom when I sat in them to make sure I liked them.