Thread: Help! Green leather chair seat cushion repair/replacement needed

Jpellet Guest

Default Help! Green leather chair seat cushion repair/replacement needed

I bought a dark green leather chair a few months ago knowing that the seat cushion was in disrepair. Now the cracks have become tears and it's appearance really ruins the piece. I'm looking for help on how to find or have made a replacement cushion. The issue, of course, will be matching the color. Anyone have any ideas or resources?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(33).JPG 
Views:	355 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	3762  

MJM_CA Guest

Default Re: Help! Green leather chair seat cushion repair/replacement needed

It'll be hard matching the green leather and even then would probably look "off". I would have a seat cushion made with a complimenting fabric and maybe a small pillow...something that'll tie in that green color.

Clean the rest of the leather and keep it cleaned /conditioned to help minimize further wear on the other parts.

Good luck!

Good advice....trying to match that leather would require hours of leg work, and sending small pieces of the current leather to all the tannery offices in the USA. You could do it, and might get a hit, but you'll mail a lot of samples out and have to be patient. Shop for some mohair - in a brown or green, that would look great. Mohair is $$$$, but you don't need much and it compliments very well.
    Last edited by drcollie; 06-30-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Jpellet Guest

Thank you. Any thoughts on where I can have a cushion made and/or what I can expect that to cost? I'm kind of clueless here...

Jen
    Quote Originally Posted by MJM_CA View Post
    It'll be hard matching the green leather and even then would probably look "off". I would have a seat cushion made with a complimenting fabric and maybe a small pillow...something that'll tie in that green color.

Clean the rest of the leather and keep it cleaned /conditioned to help minimize further wear on the other parts.

Good luck!

Good advice....trying to match that leather would require hours of leg work, and sending small pieces of the current leather to all the tannery offices in the USA. You could do it, and might get a hit, but you'll mail a lot of samples out and have to be patient. Shop for some mohair - in a brown or green, that would look great. Mohair is $$$$, but you don't need much and it compliments very well.

A casing for seat cushion in leather (without the cushion insert) is generally about $ 200.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.