Thread: Looking for a small sectional sofa

movinginva Guest

Default Looking for a small sectional sofa

Hello All, I am new to this forum. I am looking for a small (tiny) sectional sofa that will last me quite a bit longer than the one I recently purchased from a major department store. Do you have any recommendations or even suggestions? I am considering driving out to the NC furniture outlets this weekend since we live only a few hours away.

Thanks!

Default Re: Looking for a small sectional sofa

What's your budget?

Fabric or Leather?

need more data.....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

movinginva Guest

I would prefer leather, but I am okay with fabric. I am not sure where my budget even needs to be. I am thinking 2-3K.??..
    I am looking for something simple that will work with almost any decor, and because I would like to maximize the sofa space, I would I think track arms would be best. Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks!

That's going to put you in mid-line pieces, typically Chinese made (for sure) in leather. In Fabric, I tend to like the Taylor King Cozy Creations sectionals that will come pretty close to that budget price.

http://www.taylorking.com/products.p...ochure1&m=12!0
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

movinginva Guest

Thanks for the response. I visited a local furniture store today and actually found what seemed to be some great products. Any thoughts on Norwalk Furniture? You can customize most of their pieces. Because of the size of our living room space, I looked at a small sofa and chair and a half. Both pieces would run me around $2500. Would I be able to get better pricing at the NC outlet stores? I took a quick look at the Taylor King website, and I will search and see if someone in this area carries it so that I can actually sit on it before purchasing.

Thanks!

spbell Guest

If you haven't already, I would try Taylor King or Sherrill. I have a Sherrill sofa in my family room that we've had for 20 years, and during that time I've had it dry cleaned, recovered, moved it across country at least a dozen times, entertained on it, sat in it, slept on it, ate on it, had guests wrestle on it, and still that sofa will not die! Honestly, I hate to toss it out as it seems like such a waste, so I'll recover it once again and throw it in the game room downstairs. Not sure where you live, but I was in Greenfront recently and although I would not buy off the floor from there (watching them handle furniture is like watching sausage getting made, it is a great place to sit on furniture before you buy. In the end for my money, I would seach out a quality product made in the USA that will last you a long time. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by movinginva View Post
    Hello All, I am new to this forum. I am looking for a small (tiny) sectional sofa that will last me quite a bit longer than the one I recently purchased from a major department store. Do you have any recommendations or even suggestions? I am considering driving out to the NC furniture outlets this weekend since we live only a few hours away.

Thanks!
    Simplicity Sofas has a showroom in High Point, NC. It is a manufacturer, specializing in Furniture for Small Spaces, selling direct to consumers and does not sell through retailers. It should also be within your budget. A 5 seat sectional (measuring 81" x 81") with track arms, will range between $2500 and $3500 (depending upon which of the 250+ fabric selections you choose.) Leather is available but is probably beyond your budget. Shorter and longer sectionals are also available.

These sectionals have a total depth of only 30.5 inches, which is 6-10" less than nearly every other sectional you will find. There is a lot of engineering that has gone into making these sectionals extremely comfortable while conserving space. They do not "look" or "feel" like "small" furniture.

Simplicity Sofas has received national recognition for its outstanding products and customer service. After nearly 5 years in business and more than 2500 individual customer shipments the company has never received a negative review from either a customer or professional reviewer. The Simplicity Sofas Total Satisfaction Warranty is unique in the history of the furniture industry:

If you do not like our furniture for any reason whatsoever you may return it for a full refund, including all shipping charges, for a period of one year after purchase.*

*[All frames, spring systems and cushions are also covered by lifetime warranties. These warranties have no exceptions, exclusions or limitations.]

Showroom hours are Monday - Friday from 9 AM - 5 PM but evening and weekend appointment times can be arranged by calling the Customer Service hotline at 800-813-2889.

Jeff Frank, Owner
    Simplicity Sofas
    www.simplicitysofas.com