Thread: Looking for a more transitional look

Judyg951 Guest

Default Looking for a more transitional look

We have been looking around at leather furniture again after a break and have not been impressed with the Pottery Barn, Braddington Young or Thomasville offerings. The only leather furniture that really impressed us is H&M. I am hesitant to order without at least seeing more of their products though.

We are looking for a more transitional look as the entertainment unit we have is more on the traditional side and I don't think I can replace that at this time.

I have been looking online and I would really appreciate a little guidance. Which sofas should we look at?

Does anyone know of a So Ca. store that may stock a few H&M pieces we can look at?

I did ask Duane for some prices quite a while ago, but life kind of took over. We looked at Maddington Bros and didn't really like the place or the products they carried.

Before I start P.M.ingDuane and asking for pricing I want to be sure of the style and leather.

Thanks

Judyg951 Guest

Default Re: Looking for a more transitional look

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sofa.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	3799 Is this a H&M or is there something that they make like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	family-0401_958583.jpeg 
Views:	273 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	3798  
    Last edited by Judyg951; 07-18-2012 at 06:26 PM.

AilFin Guest

That's a Bradington-Young Astoria sofa.

H & M makes transitional sofas: http://www.hancockandmoore.com/categ...&categoryid=SO

Judyg951 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AilFin View Post
    That's a Bradington-Young Astoria sofa.

H & M makes transitional sofas: http://www.hancockandmoore.com/categ...&categoryid=SO
    Thank you. We are going to look at a few places in the next couple of days and see what we find and then take it from there.

Judyg951 Guest

Well we are both sold on H&M. We were at a Pasadena store today and made a huge mistake!! We sat in a 7033 Justice Lounger and didn't want to even get out of it. So comfortable. This one was in a Class one leather Columbia butternut sandalwood. At least that was the color the store said it was.

wintersummer Guest

Judy - here are the transitional models we looked at: Lena, York, Metro, Claudette, Kennett. We ended up buying Kenett, Metro, and York (for different rooms)

Judyg951 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wintersummer View Post
    Judy - here are the transitional models we looked at: Lena, York, Metro, Claudette, Kennett. We ended up buying Kenett, Metro, and York (for different rooms)
    Thank you. We looked at most of those (I could not find the Kennett). We really liked the Metro, but wanted something a little larger. I think we are pretty set on the Donavan sofa and chairs. Duane recommended them in a post on on a different (now discontinued) sofa and the style and size is just right for us.