Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Scratched Our H & M Chair!

cinlo Guest

Default I Scratched Our H & M Chair!

I've really babied our new leather furniture this past year. Duane, you helped tremendously in our choosing H & M leather, which we love, from posts I read on "another " forum .
    This morning I accidentally ran the vacuum too close to the bottom of the chair and there is a noticeable scratch. I believe I'd read on your previous Google groups furniture forum that H & M could be contacted for a scratch kit that could be used to "dye" the scratch. Is this correct? If not, what can I do? Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by cinlo View Post
    I've really babied our new leather furniture this past year. Duane, you helped tremendously in our choosing H & M leather, which we love, from posts I read on "another " forum .
    This morning I accidentally ran the vacuum too close to the bottom of the chair and there is a noticeable scratch. I believe I'd read on your previous Google groups furniture forum that H & M could be contacted for a scratch kit that could be used to "dye" the scratch. Is this correct? If not, what can I do? Thanks so much!
    Not to worry! What leather was on that piece? Can you post a photo here and set a quarter or pencil or a coke can next to it so I can have a size reference? Once I know the hide and how the scratch looks I can tell you how to best repair it. And yes, we can get a dye kit from H&M.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

cinlo Guest

This is the Kodiak furniture in Document Saddle which we received in January 2008.
    http://

http://

OK, not too bad. PM (Private Message) me with your address and I'll order you a H&M touch up kit as soon as I get that info. It should give you a 90% repair. I like to put a little Leathermaster Conditioner (comes as part of the Leathermaster care kit) on top of the color kit from H&M as it smooths and blends the area afterwards.
    Duane Collie

cinlo Guest

Thank you so much Duane for your valuable advice. A couple of more questions, please. H & M sent us a free set of Elmo Leather Cleaner & Protector when we registered our furniture. Will this work instead of the Leathermaster? This is the month I'm scheduled to do the cleaning and conditioning of our furniture. Do I need to invest in the Leathermaster instead? If so, where can it be purchased?

Thank you so much Duane for your valuable advice. A couple of more questions, please. H & M sent us a free set of Elmo Leather Cleaner & Protector when we registered our furniture. Will this work instead of the Leathermaster? This is the month I'm scheduled to do the cleaning and conditioning of our furniture. Do I need to invest in the Leathermaster instead? If so, where can it be purchased?
    My pleasure! By all means use the Elmo product, its essentially the same as the Leathermaster. When you get your touchup kit, apply as per the directions and blend it over the scratch with your finger. Try to keep the edges "soft". Once you are satisfied with your blend, take the Elmo Protector and rub some over the repair, it should feather out the edges a bit more and help blend the scratch repair.

When you run out of the Elmo, I have the 250ml Leathermaster kits in the store for $ 29.95 + postage.
    Duane Collie

cinlo Guest

I received the scratch kit last Thursday. Super fast delivery! I'm waiting for Grandma and Grandpa to take the toddlers for the day to use it and to condition all of our leather furniture. I'll get the Leathermaster kit when the Elmo runs out.

I received the scratch kit last Thursday. Super fast delivery! I'm waiting for Grandma and Grandpa to take the toddlers for the day to use it and to condition all of our leather furniture. I'll get the Leathermaster kit when the Elmo runs out.
    Excellent! I asked Debbie at H&M to get that out as soon as she could and she always takes care of me. Let's see how good your repair is! When you get done, can you post a photo of the 'after' picture?
    Duane Collie

ckdc Guest

waiting...pics or ban! haha! this forum is too nice for that but I couldn't resist

cinlo Guest

Default Re: I Scratched Our H & M Chair!

Ummmmm, would you believe the grandparents didn't take the kids until today? Yeah, you're right. I kept putting off using the touch up kit & (hanging my head in shame) cleaning & conditioning my furniture. Until today! Yes! I did all 4 pieces, and they look great! Finally, here's the pic of the after of the scratch I caused.

I couldn't get good lighting, and the repair is really not at all as noticeable as it appears in the photo. Love the touch up kit! Thanks so much, and I hope your site continues to do well. I'll have to browse through some threads!