Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New truck graphics

Default Re: New truck graphics

Yes, I do have to put the city and state on the sides, its DOT requirement along with the DOT number I put on in cheap Home Depot stickers just to get on the road and not hassled at the Weigh Stations.

I installed a back-up camera on the truck today. Took me all day, nearly 11 hours to get that in. Was quite challenging to run it inside the truck frame rails in the box to keep the cabling out of the weather. Probably would only take 2 hours if you could do it when the box was being built....they should put them on every truck, they're only $ 200.

Hey Aaron! I like the "my other rider is an H&M Recliner" on the tail of the truck! Fun!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks. Coming from behind, I figure, why not give 'em something to remember you by.

With all the H&M advertising maybe Jimmy Moore should kick in for the paint job!!!

I always offer the sides of the truck panels to my suppliers if they will pay for the graphics to do that area (About $ 1,200 to $ 1,500 per side). I think its a good deal, because the truck stays out there for 10 years on the road, minimum. So far, no takers on my offer - guess they are all feeling poor these days!
    Last edited by drcollie; 07-31-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    Duane Collie

Wow!!! 10+ years of advertising in the high population areas of DC/Va/Md and ports of call up and down the east coast for $2500-$3000, less than the retail for one of his sofas. What is Jimmy Moore thinking? Maybe all the forum members need to send him an e-mail and let him know how important the success of The Keeping Room and this forum is to us and to H&M.

Well, to be fair to H&M, I offered the deal to all my suppliers and none took me up on it. Its a foreign concept to do something like that and they're not used to that sort of thing. I understand that. This is an industry that watches its pennies very closely - you'll never see a Las Vegas Convention or Golf Tournament for the dealers and if I get taken to lunch by a supplier once a year, its a big deal.

However, when you look at a magazine ad that costs $ 5K to run in one issue, with a 30 to 60 day shelf life, having a large ad for less than that on the side of metro area truck for 10 years seems like a bargain to me!
    Duane Collie

quattro98 Guest

I've been a lurker, but I'd keep the sides focused. The second version looks better graphically than the first, but there is too much text.

I'd keep the picture of the chair quite large. I'd place the text as you have in the second version, with all of it left justified. I'd use small caps for the store name and make sure you include both your web site & phone number. The forum is changing the color of the link, but you get the idea.

THE
    KEEPING
    ROOM

Fine furniture made in America
    www.keepingroom.com
    (703) 360-6399

Rafree1 Guest

Default Re: new truck graphics

Quote Originally Posted by Judyg951 View Post
    I like the second one much better.
    Ditto! So do I. Very nice job on that one! I think it's sleeker, the first one has a white background in a square behind the chair which detracts from the over all image. The second one is beautiful!

spbell Guest

I think the back of the truck needs something to pull it all together (like a rug ties a room together). I would put the patriotic chair image on the back of the truck, it would warm and complete the look. Also, although it's cute, I might save the "my other ride is a recliner" for the license plate frame...just a thought.